PDA

View Full Version : blue diamond feeding

leeg
08-14-2005, 10:15 PM
I also just acquired a juvennile blue diamond discus on Friday and I have noticed he seems to be more picky than the other discus I currently have. For some odd reason he seems to only eat frozen blood worms while all the others would take pretty much anything I put in there ie tetra colorbits, tetra marine flake, brine shrimp, hbh goldfish nibblets.

Is that common among blue diamond discus or is it just mine?

Barb Newell
08-14-2005, 10:28 PM
Hi, what was the previous owner feeding him? If he has only been fed blood worms, it will take some time to get him onto other foods.

Barb

holocron
08-14-2005, 10:34 PM
i have BDs and yeah mine are taking there sweet time changing to tetra bits and frozen blood worms. They are making progress, its just slow. The previous owner fed only live blood worms (or tubifex, not sure).

leeg
08-14-2005, 10:57 PM
Hi, what was the previous owner feeding him? If he has only been fed blood worms, it will take some time to get him onto other foods.

Barb

not sure, most likley bloodworms. I also bought a pair of blood peigons that was in the same tank as the blue diamond and they take anything I put in there.

leeg
08-14-2005, 10:58 PM
i have BDs and yeah mine are taking there sweet time changing to tetra bits and frozen blood worms. They are making progress, its just slow. The previous owner fed only live blood worms (or tubifex, not sure).

yeah I am guessing blue diamonds are extra slow in taking new foods. Good thing the previous owner did not feed him live blood worms.

Mustang65
08-15-2005, 11:51 PM
Hi

A simple way to have your fish try new type of food is to stop the feeding for Two days. After give them what you want and they will certainly eat. if it doesn't work feed them again for three days and restart this process. Because they are starving, they will most likely eat especially if you have other type of fish that runs after the food.

Remember, it's good for your fish to vary the type of food