PDA

View Full Version : What happens when...

jeep
08-16-2005, 12:01 PM
you're in the middle of doing a water change and the phone rings???

If you're me, your fish get real pissed!!! :o

jeep
08-16-2005, 12:03 PM
It's ok... they forgave me :)

ronrca
08-16-2005, 12:27 PM
lol! Forget the phone. If its important they can leave a message or call back. Even worse though is the door bell ringing. :D

aquaticplantman
08-16-2005, 01:10 PM
Naaaahhh, they like that. They know that'll just be all the more fresh water to be added back in.

markwill
08-16-2005, 01:30 PM
Joking aside, I'm in need of a "system" when a) draining for a water change b) adding from aged water c) refilling my aged water container. All three are opportunities for bad stuff happening!!! So, I've taken to taking a small kitchen timer and setting it at 3-5 minute intervals. I find it SO easy to just go and do something real small (check eMail, answer the door, speak to the kids, etc, etc) and distract me that I need this formality.

After one or two small floods my wife has dictated this too!

Mark

Audrey
08-16-2005, 05:12 PM
You have some gorgeous fish there, Jeep!!!! Dang!!!!

Discusgeo2
08-16-2005, 05:16 PM
Why did you stop you still have 3 inches to drain. I drain my to the bottom and my Discus lay flat. It doesn't hurt them and from the time mine are drained down the pump come on and refills it. 99% water changes every other day. :D

Condor
08-16-2005, 10:03 PM
lol Great thread. Have to agree with Audrey those are some great lookin fish. Mark, I'm with you on the flood thing. Had the same problems.

Adrian

KIWI13
08-17-2005, 03:55 AM
Good to see a certain special fish still swimming around in your tanks Brian........... ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Awesome thread LOL

Jas

Spices
08-17-2005, 04:07 AM
Gorgeous fish Brian. :thumbsup:

Gee..I never had that problem but if it does happens, I'll be sure to remove the python before answering the door and tellie (and usually I do not answer the tellie since my hands are engaged in bio-mess, so I wait till I'm completely done with the cleaning then run thru the checkout course of using antibacterial soap on my hands, arms and face). ;)

jeep
08-18-2005, 09:07 AM
Thanks for the comments... I felt pretty bad for them. They had never had their sky fall down ont hem so badly, LOL... :D All are doing well :)