PDA

View Full Version : White Worms

Ichthyology
08-20-2005, 10:02 PM
I am looking for cultures of white worms. Anyone have any they want to sell or know of any suppliers in California?

Thanks.

discusjoe
08-22-2005, 01:54 PM
I am not sure if this is the same, but I have a few white worms
in my CBW's.

Any know if these are bad to feed?

Joe

sidra
08-22-2005, 02:40 PM
Joe,
Healthy cbw's are dark brown to black-ish and active when touched or rinsed. If your cbw's have pale, sluggish or dead/dying worms in them, do NOT feed them to your discus. It could make them sick. Also give them a sniff..if they smell bad, don't feed them to your fish.

Kristen

discusjoe
08-22-2005, 02:50 PM
Thanks Kristen,

The worms are lively. They don't smell. I think I need
to get some tweezers and pick out the white ones..

rgds..Joe
San Bruno, CA
SF Bay Area

sidra
08-22-2005, 02:55 PM
That's what I do Joe...just so long as there's only a couple like that and then I rinse and rinse and rinse and rinse!

Don't know anything about the real "whiteworms" though.

Kristen

Moon
08-22-2005, 03:05 PM
I've had a culture going for years and would love to help you out. But I live way up in Canada. I am sure your local fish club members can help you.

CliffsDiscus
08-22-2005, 07:07 PM
Check with Jim Atchison phone (415)472-7875 in San Rafael.
If he is out of the White worms I know a few other sources
but they usually don't send.

Cliff

Ichthyology
08-22-2005, 09:16 PM
The Bug Barn is out of them........If anyone can help it would be much appreciated....

Thanks.

Cosmo
08-23-2005, 09:08 AM
Sidra's right on the white worms that come with CBW's. I find they float, so part of my cleaning regimen is to put a bunch of CBW's into a large tupperware container, add lots of water, stir up the contents, then slowly pour the excess water over a corner. Most of the floaters, and quit a bit of the other detritus will be washed overboard that way. The ones I can't get like this, simply sink a spoon into the bunch next to the white ones and they'll float right into the spoon for easy disposal :)
Jim

discusjoe
08-23-2005, 11:45 PM
Thanks Jim and Kristen,

Thats a good tip on how to get rid of white worms.

Joe