PDA

View Full Version : moving 3 day freeswimmers

Giniel
08-21-2005, 02:51 PM
I am going to be moving to a new house in a week and just found eggs last night . What will be the best way to move them ,they will be approximatly 3 day freeswimmers by that time?

Should I keep them with the parents and just put them in a cooler or bucket?

Please help
Debbie

Carol_Roberts
08-21-2005, 08:19 PM
Yes, I'd try that.

Giniel
08-24-2005, 01:42 AM
OH my goodness , I just found eggs in the other tank now.LOL When I want them to breed they won't and now that I don't want them to they do.

These are going to be newly freeswimming. I don't think these will make the trip. But kinda funny anyway.
Debbie

JimmyL
08-25-2005, 09:34 AM
Do not move them with the parents!
The parents can be transferred in a bag or bucket. But the fry need a larger container with the same water from the tank separately. Water parameters changes rapidly with an adult feces in there and fry will surely die.
Water temperature plays an important factors during transporting and transferring to the parents tank. Try to adjust and slowly mixing the water to the fry from the new tank before dumping them back to the parents.
After putting the parents in the new tank. Turn off all light and keep it very dark. Turn on the light after pouring the fry in the new tank and the parents usually will collect and accept the fry readily in the new tank without any problem.HTH
Jimmy.

Giniel
08-25-2005, 11:19 PM
Thank you , They went freeswimming this morning . I am guessing about 75 of them. I will have to move them monday or tuesday. I am transporting them about 2 miles away.
Thanks
Debbie

Giniel
09-04-2005, 11:57 AM
Hi , all the fry were eaten as soon as I started to net fish in another tank.I guess they knew what was coming their way. All the other fish made it fine. Thank you all for the advice.
Debbie

steven_askham
09-04-2005, 12:24 PM
A

Giniel
09-05-2005, 02:12 AM
I knew they were a pair , they just hadn't been laying until I get ready to move.LOL They are all in their own tanks and shaking and such again.
I also had another pair form after the move while they were waiting on their own tanks .All fish were in a community tank and began to like each other.
Debbie

ps. as for the fry, I will have more before I am ready for them so no worries.
I only breed for fun anyway.not enough time to do it any other way.

ppv1951
09-22-2005, 10:03 PM
they should spawn again soon. good luck with them!

pat.

Giniel
09-23-2005, 02:39 AM
Thank you , and yes they did but my kids scared them and they ate them again. But on the lighter side, since I have moved I have 3 more pairs forming.Bad thing is I am out of room for more tanks. I guess I will have to sell off some of the pairs once they actually have freeswimmers.LOL

Debbie

Greg Richardson
09-23-2005, 11:32 AM
Maybe I need to move? Geeze!

I must have 6 males all in one tank! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

Giniel
09-24-2005, 01:26 PM
Since the move I have been moving them around a bit ,kinda changing fish from one tankto another and all of the sudden they like who they are with.
I have some fireworks(?) that are starting to pair up also.

I used to think they wereall the same sex. Maybe they were in both tanks so mixing them up helped.

Debbie