PDA

View Full Version : Pairing Choices

Tiburon_Tom
08-24-2005, 09:43 PM
I have picked up alot of info in bits and pieces here, on the net in general, experience, books, etc...I know what I might expect from certain crosses but...is there a book or website that anyone is aware of that is a good reference for: If you cross X and Y you get 25% this, 50% that, and 25% the other etc...or has "recipes" for various types/strains...ie...what makes a ring leopard...blue knight...blue w/yellow fins etc

Also looking for a good, complete reference list for dominant and recessive etc. for discus.

They seem to have Angels mapped out very well...looking for something similar on Discus. To me, angels seem fairly straight forward...discus seem much more complicated and variable. Is this why I am not finding a definitive reference?

Thanks

Tom

Carol_Roberts
08-25-2005, 04:32 PM
Discus are not mapped out like angel fish. There are no books dedicated exclusively to discus genetics, but Andrew Soh's new book "Discus The Naked Truth" does have a chapter on discus genetics. I believe Ryan Karcher DKarc has it for sale here in the US

wvt9527
08-26-2005, 12:20 AM
The book is kind of pricey but after you read it it is well worth the price.

Tiburon_Tom
08-26-2005, 12:27 AM
thanks carol

right after i posted this, I saw the other thread about various crosses...good stuff! why dont you partner up with andrew and a few others and write one :D

yup had andrew's book in my hand at ACA...fantastic from what I saw..a must have...just too many nice fish around...spent money on fish instead...figured easier to ship a book ;)

will have it soon

thanks
tom