PDA

View Full Version : different brand bloodworms

yellowdiscus
09-19-2005, 01:01 PM
Hello everyone,
Last week I made a switch from feeding my discus frozen Hikari BW to San Francisco Bay BW brand but my fishes are not eating. They don't like the SFB brand. What can I do to make them eat the new brand of frozen BW? :confused: I did not feed them for a couple of days but they are still not eating the new brand. What else can I do?

yellowDiscus

Bainbridge Mike
09-19-2005, 02:35 PM
I have had a similar experience. I think the quality of the hikari blood worms is much better--so one option would be to switch back to Hikari. If you can't do that, then keep giving them the San Fran brand and eventually they will start eating. The other thing you can try is to melt the cubes in a little aquarium water before you add them to the tank. Good luck.

Mike

Lafayette Jeff
09-19-2005, 05:20 PM
I've found the San Francisco brand to be bigger worms. Harder to pop the cubes out than Hikari though

ppv1951
09-30-2005, 09:11 AM
try feeding them in the morning when your fish are most hungry. they should learn to take them.

pat.

JasonBR
10-01-2005, 11:11 AM
Hikari brand is quality food...Stick with it!

Jason

ShinShin
10-04-2005, 10:54 PM
Be careful of other brands of bloodworms. I had purchased a large amount of bloodworms once at a great price (not SF Bay Brand) only to find 4 different "worm" varieties contaminating the bloodworms.

I only feed Hikari now.

Mat

Elcid
10-04-2005, 11:04 PM
I would suggest that you mix those SFBWs with some Hikari and give it a try! Ur fish are spoilt like mine ;)

Good Luck,
Sandeep