PDA

View Full Version : Adding Metro to BH.

kaceyo
09-20-2005, 04:09 PM
Does anyone know of any tricks to adding correct amount of Metro to a small amount of BH? I can get pretty close with the Metro, which has a measuring scoop, but I have no scale to wiegh the BH. I'm thinking along the lines of mgs per 1/4 cup BH or mgs per tbsp BH or something similer. I just received 8 new babes from S.F. and want to insure their future health as best I can.

Thanx,

Kacey

Carol_Roberts
09-20-2005, 05:41 PM
I always just add to tank.

brewmaster15
09-22-2005, 05:56 AM
Hi Kacey,
I think It works well enough in the tank for most cases, but if you still would want to mix it with food, theres several commercial flakes availible with it.Additionally you could mix it with a pellet like tetra bits... Then you have a known starting amount of food.

hth,
al

Andrew Soh
09-22-2005, 07:29 AM
Hi Kacey,

Just my suggestion....

One cup of beefheart is between 300gm to 450gm depending on the size of cup.

I would suggest a mix of 500mg to 600mg of metronidazole. It is not too much giving consideration to leaching in water and preparation loss.

But before feeding, you must starve your discus for 2 days and 2 to 3 hours before the first medicated feed, raise up the temperature to 29 to 30C.

This will force them to accept the food.

Take care,
Andrew :angel:

kaceyo
09-22-2005, 10:08 AM
Thanks to all for the info. Can you tell me if metro will effect the bio-filter? According to the package it won't but I'd like to make sure. That was why I had planned to put it in food, to keep the bio-filter happy.

Thanx again,

Kacey

aloha_discus
09-22-2005, 01:59 PM
It will not harm your bio filter. I add medicated flakes as a binder to my BH mix. I put a cup of it to a pound of BH. Ialso like what Al and Andrew suggested.

Ike