PDA

View Full Version : Anyone See that 600gal tank??

Kindredspirit
09-27-2005, 09:42 AM
:angel: Anyone watch Extreme Make Over the other night?? They put this 600gal tank in the living room, the first of itz kind in a residential home...it was very cool!

Salt water.. and the coolest part?? They had a service crew come in twice a month to maintain it for them!!!

I WANT THAT!!!! :D :D :D

cspengler
09-27-2005, 10:03 AM
Yes I did see that tank and was thinking a planted discus tank would have been better.

cowboy steve
09-27-2005, 12:01 PM
:angel: Anyone watch Extreme Make Over the other night?? They put this 600gal tank in the living room, the first of itz kind in a residential home...it was very cool!

Salt water.. and the coolest part?? They had a service crew come in twice a month to maintain it for them!!!

Too small, replace your doors and windows with plate glass and fill your house with water.

You can live in your yard, you live in California it shouldn't be a problem.

Kindredspirit
09-27-2005, 12:23 PM
Hey Cowboy!

Very funny, whatever.....lol
And...i DO have a really really big very cool, green back yard...cuz we have four really big dogs....and your point IS ???? lo l

Csp: I agree! I thought that discus would be better too... I think there was 1000 fish in that tank... i thought they said that! Could you imagine??? ( quiet, Steve) :angel:

Marie!

Dood Lee
09-27-2005, 12:46 PM

First of its kind how exactly? There are people who have 1000+ gallon tanks in their homes. Heck, Takashi Amano (the planted tank aquarium master) has a huuuuuge planted tank (with discus I think) in his home.

Amano's tank:

http://img383.imageshack.us/img383/7378/bigtank7vy.jpg

Greg Richardson
09-27-2005, 01:03 PM
Ya when I heard that remark about first time in house and had a good laugh.

Was sure glad to hear they had the service contract. LOL!

I love to see that show because they really help out some cool families.

But I can't help to want to jump in that TV screen and stick that megaphone down his throat.

Couple of times!

One thing though about that show. Don't know about where rest of you live.
But where I live property taxes going through the roof. I saw one family with very limited income on an Island in Washington State who got this HUGE new home. I told my wife here you got a single mother with one income.
How is she going to afford the property taxes?
Down the road can she make it?
When you increase the value of an island property with at least a 3,500sft house BOOM goes the property taxes!

cspengler
09-27-2005, 01:37 PM
This is a link to some updated pictures of Amano's Home tank.

http://www.pbase.com/plantella/niigata2005amanoshome

Kindredspirit
09-27-2005, 03:18 PM
Okay, Dood.. i see your point! I did think that for a min, when they said 'the first of itz kind in a residential home'.. perhaps they meant in that state....where ever that was!! That was a Huge tank you have a pic of? Didnt see any fish tho~ :confused:

Greg~ Sometimes, like last night they mortgage company was there and told them that they will tear up their bank note, so no more payments... I wonder that too, sometimes, how will they make it later?? And, the kids rooms are sooooooo cool, but in a month they wont like it!!!

Good show tho!! Who, do you want to ram the megaphone throat down?? The main guy?? lol Funny!!

Marie!

Greg Richardson
09-27-2005, 10:29 PM
Marie. Yep. Most times they pay the mortage. But over time look at what you have? Bigger house equals more maintence down the road with 5 times the property tax. Hopefully it doesn't effect to many of them.

Yes, you are correct. What are the kids going to do with those themed bedrooms in a few years? LOL!

Yes. The main guy. BOOM! LOL!

Oh well. Over all it is so cool how many great families the sponsors have helped. You got to advertise somehow might as well make it go to something worthwhile.

Be interesting to know if Sears appliance sales have gone up since show started?

JMArtist
09-27-2005, 11:09 PM

Yeah, that was pretty cool, but there was 1000 gallon dive tank (to go diving with the fish?) a few months ago for sale on eBay that just also happened to be a Discus Tank.
The picture showed the tank filled with Discus and fresh water sting rays, now that's what I call awsome!

Discusgeo2
09-28-2005, 06:27 AM
Theres a 600gallon tank in my area for sale right now for only a $1000.00

Spices
09-28-2005, 06:42 AM
I don't get the chance to watch those television shows like Extreme Makeover. I have no television, only 75 gallon tank! :D And that's because with kids and relatives in house with about 5 televisions. Imagine if there were 10 televisions??!!!

I long for those amazing big tanks of Amano. They're awesome. I love the setup of a full jungle planted tank and driftwood and the tanks just with fine gravel, driftwood and shale stones in it. mmmmm.... :sleep:

dixiedog
09-28-2005, 05:09 PM
I tried to put "little old" 200g in my living room, but took it out before I ever filled it. Just too durn big.

I need a bigger house!!! :(

hao910
09-28-2005, 09:55 PM
Man, Amano's fish are lucky.... They are like living in heaven.... .... Very jealous I am :mad:

dixiedog
09-28-2005, 11:28 PM
That was a Huge tank you have a pic of? Didnt see any fish tho~

I thought the same thing, but look closer. There's a BUNCH of fish in there!

Cosmo
09-28-2005, 11:35 PM
My wife always watch's those shows while I'm doing my WC's, so I missed the 600gal tank. But can you imagine cleaning that sucker? And the WC's? OMG
Would love to give it a try though lol

Jim

Dood Lee
09-29-2005, 01:12 AM
For tanks that big, you don't actually have to change out water that frequently.

Kindredspirit
09-29-2005, 02:06 AM
jim,

they had a service to come in 2x a month to clean for them...doesnt seem like enuff times a month but thatz what they said!

I would fall in trying to clean it, i swear one could drown! :(