PDA

View Full Version : small pin point dot....??

Kindredspirit
09-30-2005, 01:41 PM
I noticed a small pin point dot, a little ways above the nose on one of my discus.. :confused: .it isnt really white, per se', and i know what Ich, is but i dont think it was ever there before.... and it isnt really white, but noticeable....could be a scratch...

Any suggestions? What if it is Ich, should i treat with something to be sure....? I have it ALL, lol, so please let me know in case it does get worse~

Thanks!

Marie :angel:

Barb Newell
09-30-2005, 02:43 PM
Hi Marie, can you post a pic? Does the fish seem bothered?

Barb

eak
09-30-2005, 02:51 PM
Hi Marie,

I am not sure what that is, but my discus had sometimes small scratch, but usually with a water change they go away next day. If that is an ich, from my experience if you raise the water temp to at least 88F this should kill the ich without any medication. This is just from my experience. I hope this will help.

tpl*co
09-30-2005, 04:05 PM
Is it raised or a pit? How often are you changing your water? Definitely post a picture. Discus have small pore like holes on their faces, but if it gets bigger then it could be hole in head (bigger pits).

Kindredspirit
09-30-2005, 05:08 PM
Hey guys!

I can not post a pic, Sorri Barb, I am so working on that....no the fish doesnt seem bothered by that at all..

and it looks like the color of HIM, juss on a darker part...does that make sense..?? I am looking at him now.... I change water every day, about 50%, 30gal...

My water is about 88.. all the time i'm afraid....hope thatz okay....

be back soon!

Marie

oh, and the spot doesnt look any bigger, or brighter , and no one else has.........

Barb?? Barb 2?? :D , eak??