PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!!!

hao910
10-08-2005, 07:52 PM
I accidentally added like about 2ml of meth blue into tank (55 gal) and now it all turn blue, what is the best way to get rid of it beside wc?? is it going to be harmful to the biological filtration system??
Thanks

Barb Newell
10-08-2005, 07:59 PM
Yes, water change it out. Do you need meth blue in the tank? and yes... it will hurt your bio filter a bit. It won't hurt your discus.

Barb

Cosmo
10-08-2005, 07:59 PM
I wouldn't worry too much about it. Some good WCs will slowly get rid of it, or, add some Chemi Pure or high grade carbon to a filter and it'll take it out pretty quick. Meth Blue is fairly harmless to the fish and bio.

Jim

hao910
10-08-2005, 08:04 PM
well, I have the angel wriggle stuck on one of the filter tube, and try to get them out into the smaller tank that hang onto the big tank, and "ooop" everthing down into the tank :mad: .... so I guess I have to change wc then... anyway, it is ok to take the angel wriggles out of the tube and leave them in the smaller tank even though they are not free-swimming yet??
Thanks

Willie
10-09-2005, 05:54 PM
I've done it with angelfish wrigglers with no problems. Just be sure you have an exact temperature match.

Willie