PDA

View Full Version : Hand held pH meters

tpl*co
10-13-2005, 09:59 PM
Does anybody have one? I was looking at the Hanna line of pH meters, and was thinking of even the pH, TDS, temp combo one, does anybody have it and is it worth the cost?

aquaticplantman
10-14-2005, 01:18 PM
I have the Hanna model that takes pH , TDS, and EC readings. I think I paid around $200 for it a couple years ago. I'm happy with it. It holds a calibration pretty well and stands up to a good amount of abuse. It's easy to use. You have to decide for yourself it it's going to be worth it.

-- Matt H.

tpl*co
10-14-2005, 04:07 PM
I have the Hanna model that takes pH , TDS, and EC readings. I think I paid around $200 for it a couple years ago. I'm happy with it. It holds a calibration pretty well and stands up to a good amount of abuse. It's easy to use. You have to decide for yourself it it's going to be worth it.

-- Matt H.

Thanks Matt!

One more question on the TDS, what exactly is it measuring, what do you want the reading to be, and how is it different from the general hardness?

The EC, what does it measure exactly (in the grand scheme of things :)) and what do I ultimately want to see there.

I'm trying to get my water parameters right for breeding.

Tina