PDA

View Full Version : DONT EVER FEED TUBIS

american breeder
10-14-2005, 04:12 PM
lol

i have used them over the years and every single time they cause mayhem eventually

they are EVIL

great conditioning food
but totally pathogen contaminated

dont bother
use recipes i have already referenced
shrimp. earthworm flake shrimp flake krill fish eggs
yellow egg

grind up
form into logs
freeze shave with razor blade

yumm

tpl*co
10-14-2005, 04:14 PM
OK, I know I am going to open up a can of worms *pun intended* but what is YOUR opinion on California Black Worms? *I agree with the tuberfix though, drive out of my way to get CBW*

Rod
10-14-2005, 04:46 PM
I don't feed tubifex or blackworm to any of my fish because of the potential problems, but when i was a child i would walk the stormwater drains around home and collect tubifex for my fish every weekend. I couldn't afford anything more so my fish fed heavily on worms and some flake foods and never once did i have any problems i could relate to the worms. Now i'm not advocating the use of tubifex, but in my case it certainly wasn't the dome and gloom mostly associated with thier use.

Kindredspirit
10-14-2005, 06:12 PM
Tina~

I get cbw from Dan in Fresno...I only did once, over a month ago and i still have them!! They look just like they did when i had them del'vd...I got the smallest batch for i think $23 or something like that...

I do not even know what a tubiflex worm is. Nor do i wanna....The cbw are enuff for me....Gary at GLD, suggested i get them and from Dan, when he shipped me my three discus~

What does anyone think of live brine shrimp?? Is that okay???

Marie~http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/5/5_1_117.gif

victor
10-14-2005, 06:22 PM
i to was giving for years tubifex
i was feeding all of mine in tubifex and no problems
just very big size discus lol

american breeder
10-14-2005, 07:06 PM
OK, I know I am going to open up a can of worms *pun intended* but what is YOUR opinion on California Black Worms? *I agree with the tuberfix though, drive out of my way to get CBW*
no difference its all PR

AADiscus
10-15-2005, 09:28 AM
Ok this is a silly question but I want to make sure on this.

When you say yellow egg.....Are you saying you use the yoke?

Do you use a beefheart mix of any kind? Could you use the "yellow egg" :D in the beefheart mix?