PDA

View Full Version : HELP

etr63
10-15-2005, 06:11 PM
Hi All
please help with this problem if you can. My female is not doing well, she has what appears to be hairs hanging on her side and a white tip on one of her dorsal fin points. she was placed in this tank on Saturday. I dont have an available QT tank as i have a new male in the one I have now.

DISEASE QUESTIONNAIRE

Problem

1. Please explain the problems with your fish/when and how they started
fish dark and seem to have what looks like hairs coming off her side

2. Symptoms (i.e. turning dark, excess slime, not eating, clamped fins, flashing, darting, clamped gills, white/yellow/green poop, hiding, headstanding or tailstanding, white on tips of fins, rotting or fungus, blisters/ white zits on fish, bloated, cloudy eyes, wounds)
dark, breathing labored.

3. What medications/ treatments that you have already tried and results. Include dosages and duration of treatment.
added kosher salt yesterday 5 tbl spoons, due to her being placed in this tank. When started getting dark I thought that she may be bloated so added epsom salt.

Tank/Water

4. Tank size and age, number and size of fish
55 gal, 2 years, 6 discus 5 to 6 inches

5. Water change regime/ how long has tank been running/ bare bottom or gravel/ do you age your water?
40% daily WC, been running 2 years, bare bottom, I age my water

6 Parameters and water source;

- temp ___88__

- ph ___6.4__

- ammonia reading _0___

- nitrite reading ___0_

- nitrate reading __7__

- well water ____

- municipal water __X__

7. Any new fish/plants added recently
This female was added back to this tank last Saturday.

etr63
10-15-2005, 06:12 PM
Where the bubles show up in the pics are the hairs, you can also see the white tip on her fin.

Carol_Roberts
10-15-2005, 06:15 PM
She has been in the tank for a week and today she turned dark?

etr63
10-15-2005, 06:53 PM
Hi Carol
Today was the first sign of any problem. She has been hanging with a violet reflection fo about four days now. I just went over to check her while in th emiddle of writing this and she seems to be breathing easier and I dont see the hairs ( or what looked like hairs ). There is another red SS female in the tank that is giving her a hard time but not constantly. I was planning on putting her in with the new male after he clears QT.

Earl

Carol_Roberts
10-17-2005, 11:46 AM
Hopefully it is just stress from the red SS female . . . keep an eye on her - especially watch to see if she is eating . . .