PDA

View Full Version : Update pic of Tank

jules
10-16-2005, 12:32 PM
Hi, haven't been for a while but thought I'd post the latest pic of my tank:
I still have my first discus thanks to all the info I learned here on simply.
(all my discus except the one with the pepper shaker are from the LFS)

Julie

discusboy777
10-16-2005, 06:35 PM
Your lfs must have a good supplier.
Looking very fancy.

jules
10-16-2005, 06:47 PM
Thanks...I wasn't going to post them because I know most people don't have much luck with lfs fish. They're not nearly as pretty as most of the discus on Simply; but I like em :p. When I purchased them there weren't nearly as many good breeders accessible in Ontario as there are currently-especially in Toronto.
I was lucky enough to get the 2 smallest this year in Montreal, I know for certain one originated from discusman69.(unfortunately I wasn't able to see bin at the time)

Julie

discusboy777
10-16-2005, 07:00 PM
We dont care if they came from the lfs its only if they are good quelity fish look under my newist thread in the photo gallery the 2 last pic on there are from the lfs.

Spices
10-17-2005, 06:57 AM
:wave: Jules

You've done a splendid job at rearing them!! I remembered when they were smaller. Now you've got them big and round...just right! :thumbsup:
Keep up the good work! And good seeing you back here at SD. ;)

Angie la FrangiPani

jules
10-17-2005, 07:08 AM
Thanks Angie, I'm still trying to perfect the art of "fry eating parents."
I got the hard water egg calcify issue down with peat in my ac 2 summers ago; but ma and pa had a divorce, got back together and now I guess they're just growing old gracefully in their own tank.
My pb female on the top and the ghost have just paired up and started laying. I don't think he knows what to do except yum yum caviar.
Interesting thing about this female is she bowed at him the minute I put him in the tank as a young one.

Julie