PDA

View Full Version : MONEY, POSITION, POLITICAL INFLUENCE

american breeder
10-17-2005, 10:52 AM
WE have seen here over the last couple of days a frontal assault by a few big shot members.. I think it is telling of what is going on behind the scenes here. I am feeling much better now, rib almost doesnt hurt when i cough..so i will be getting back to the hatchery, and the buisness of raising and selling discus.. I have intentionally staid away from the spot light becuase i simply did not have the time to waste makeing friends and influencing people. I have brought here some good info for the novice to advanced hobbyist..that was my intention right from the get go..I am a very wealthy man and in no way need to feed off of unsuspecting newbies. one thing i noticed that many of the posts that list what discus fish they have in their tanks..RED T PBS, YIKES..

I feel for hobbyist.....

dont be mislead

search and research

talk with a real breeder in your area

DONT BUY FISH THAT HAVE THESE QUALITIES

1. FULLY COLORED AT 2INCHES
2. FISH THAT ARE DARK OR ARE SLIMING
3. FISH THAT HAVE TATTERED FINS
4. FISH THAT ARE SKINNY HEADS

if u get fish from your importer and they display these traits
ASK FOR YOUR MONEY BACK

for example a 2inch B diamond unhormoned fish has a light metalic gold color to it some color in the fins etc..if fully colored THE FISH HAS BEEN HORMONED
if u get a 2inch dotted type and u can see all the spots clearly and the color is intense
guess what hormoned

but really hormones arent the worst of your worries
the diseases that are rampant amongst Asian Discus fish...

thats your real nitemare

i have read many posts here where good hard working peeps get stung \
my fish just suddenly died, all my fish turned black after i brought in new fish

all my fish are getting skinny
i see it here over and over again

IN a distinguished report done on Asian Discus fish by DR. Smith COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY
he was given samples from the major discus breeders

the results were truely scarry
VIBRIOSIS, PSUEDOMONAS, ARAMONAS, SPLEEN DISEASE, PARASITES, TB

wow...

by your fish from a local breeder who has taken some time in makeing a nice and safe place for his fish

in the old days there were no such animals as importers..
all were breeders

u went to your local person and learned from them..
u saw directly the breeding pairs
the fry etc..
oh that is the way it was supposed to go

but as always the money thing comes into play and then the deceptions and the noise

THE POLITICAL ASPECT IS OBVIOUS HERE
and i neednt go on about it..

competition is always scarry hehehehehehehe

anyway i wont debate Jimmy L
or play his games..

he has his fish i have mine'\
never will they meet.

he has his stories i have mine..

who cares..

lol

one must use some common sense

good luck

see my profile for more info

Marc Lotus

JimmyL
10-17-2005, 11:35 AM
Marc: I have been in this forum long enough and had been in every competitions and entered my fish all over the world and won...many at the bottom..... Have met most exporters claimed breeders. I'm not associate or involve in any part of or have any nterest in discus business whatsoever.. A medical professional only knows a bit about discus but not all and never will know all like you do. Yet I remain open and a humble hobbyist willing to learn. Whatever you are telling the world about discus has already been mentioned many times over and over again. It's too redundant and overbearing. Just read our beginner's info. with a sticker. Your info. given here are outdated and many fish you've claimed you developed doesn't even exist. I do appreciate your imput in this hobbyist. But the way you attack people are not right. A true wealthy man will never show his wealth. A wise man will remain humble. Many hobbyist has developed their own fish in N. America. Here is my humble attempt... and I'm not yet ready to teach like you did. Discus is an hobby. Money, Political and whatever....plays no part here. May God bless you!! You've just shown how far behind you're in disucs.
Jimmy

spyderwalle
10-17-2005, 11:55 AM
JimmyL
I cant agree more with you.............................

:angel: :angel: :angel:

american breeder
10-17-2005, 11:59 AM
Marc: I have been in this forum long enough and had been in every competitions and entered my fish all over the world and won...many at the bottom..... Have met most exporters claimed breeders. I'm not associate or involve in any part of or any interest in discus business. A medical professional only knows a bit about discus but not all and never will know all like you do. Yet I remain open and a humble hobbyist willing to learn. Whatever you are telling the world about discus has already been mentioned many times over and over again. It's too redundant and overbearing. Just read our beginner's info. with a sticker. Your info. given here are outdated and many fish you've claimed you developed doesn't even exist. I do appreciate your imput in this hobbyist. But the way you attack people are not right. A true wealthy man will never show his wealth. A wise man will remain humble. May God bless you!!
Jimmy
thanks Jimmy

many peeps here have emailed me
thanking me for what i have posted
redundant as it maybe..hehe

jimmyl

u world champ..

i am simply discus breeder nothing more

yes make huge money

lol,, proud of my work yes..

have wondeful fish
HEALTHY UNHORMONED
fish produce viable young

sent some Pics to Barb

she said they were the best fish she had ever seen
hehe

this forum needs more folks to post
there are many lurkers here

DONT BE AFRAID TO POST

start asking these internet pundits
worldchampion importers
whats up

demand quality and stop wanting to pay cheap
cheap discus are just that cheap
breeders in ASia who sell there fish very cheaply do so for a reason..
can anyone guess why

importers want to pay cheap
its all about money

yet most of these importers have gone out of buisness
every year more and more are gone

u simply cant make it as an importer
just to many problems

buy from your local breeders or regional breeders

you will get a much better fish and
u will be supporting American Intertests

dont be fooled into believing we dont have a variety equaled to Asian farms
not only do we have everything they have
we have a whole bunch more
ie
jimmy not knowing what my variants and hybrids are about
this testosterone nonsense
being brought here is obvious
and peeps should see it for what it is

an attempt to sidestep
the obvious

and attempt to discredit what i have presented
so they can save face
so they are feeling threatened and rightfully so

had they kept still and listened i would not be
saying all this

they are the ones who started the WAR

i simply was giving accurate info on my concerns about health and viability for discus peeps

see my profile for more info

KIWI13
10-17-2005, 12:06 PM
Lets keep it cool now and please take this to PM or I will be forced to lock down the post.

Sincerely

Jason

SIMPLY DISCUS TEAM

JimmyL
10-17-2005, 12:16 PM
Marc: You have presented nothing. Just blowing in the wind. Let's show what you've claimed. A Barless 4 bar discus. An open Challenge. Don't just say it prove it. Want another pic. of my fish? Anyone...
Jimmy

KIWI13
10-17-2005, 12:20 PM
I would like to just clarify some points here Ladies and Gentlemen,

As much as we appreciate the info being posted ( and we do) there is a time and place to wage wars and sort out private agendas and the forum is NOT the place.

The PM was created so members can discuss in PRIVATE and sort out issues among themselves without dragging the whole board into it.

Please respect these features for the benifit of others. We can turn away alot of future members simply cause we come across aggressive. There are some good breeders and importers on here but we tend to forget that the majority of members on here are HOBBYISTS and they couldnt care less about people's private issues.

So this is a warning that any further posts questioning ones competences or quality will be deleted and any further disruption can eventually lead to a banning of a member.

We are here for fun, lets have fun and sort your problems out amongst yourselves in PRIVATE.

Thank you for your attention

Sincerly

JASON