PDA

View Full Version : Unknow problem

YehonatanBitton
10-24-2005, 09:55 AM
hello,
i buy 2 pairs that live in same tank (200 liter tank that separated in the middel). they are there from 21.10.05 to now.
today, i saw that the female is not swiming with balance... that mean that she doin horizontal swiming. she looks like tring to swim straight.
she didnt change her color (still the color is good).
the male is ok. looks good. the other pair is looking ok too.
This problem started only befor few hours.
i replace 20% water every day.

what should i do?

Carol_Roberts
10-24-2005, 04:30 PM
Dose epsom salt (magnesium sulfate) at 1 tablespoon per 10 gallons. Fish should be better in 4 hours. Epsom salt is sold in grocery or drug stores for people to soak their feet.

YehonatanBitton
10-27-2005, 07:49 AM
hey,
i dont have this epsom salt but i tried to help this discus with coarse salt. i put one tablespoon for 10 liter.
the discus is still not felling good, as he was befor the treatment.

i need to use epsom salt now? that's will work?

thanks.

Ryan
10-27-2005, 10:59 AM
Epsom salt (magnesium sulfate) is different than coarse salt. You may want to check a local grocery store to see if they have any. This would probably be your best option.

Ryan

american breeder
10-27-2005, 12:37 PM
hello,
i buy 2 pairs that live in same tank (200 liter tank that separated in the middel). they are there from 21.10.05 to now.
today, i saw that the female is not swiming with balance... that mean that she doin horizontal swiming. she looks like tring to swim straight.
she didnt change her color (still the color is good).
the male is ok. looks good. the other pair is looking ok too.
This problem started only befor few hours.
i replace 20% water every day.

what should i do?

your fish probably have WHIRLING DISEASE

very tricky

QUININE CAN HELP BUT VERY DANGEROUS TO USE

here is what i do

i have small five gallon tank
i place a small airstone on low
in the tank
i add one drop METHYLENE BLUE PER GAL
TEMP IN THIS FIVE GALLON TANK SHOULD START OUT AT ABOUT 84 DEGREES
DO NOT PLACE A HEATER IN TANK

THIS TANK THEN SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO COOL DOWN
TO ROOM TEMP

WATCH AS THE FISH BECOME STABLE AGAIN
KEEP TEMP AT ROOM TEMP
FOR 3 DAYS

THEN CHANGE WATER WITH ROOM TEMP WATER AND PLACE A SMALL HEATER IN TANK 25 WATTS

BRING TEMP BACK UP ON FISH OVER THE NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS

IN MOST CASES THIS DOES IT

its a very hard disease to treat..

good luck

american breeder
10-27-2005, 12:39 PM
Dose epsom salt (magnesium sulfate) at 1 tablespoon per 10 gallons. Fish should be better in 4 hours. Epsom salt is sold in grocery or drug stores for people to soak their feet.
epsom salt is good for constipation yes

whirling disease no

good luck

Kindredspirit
10-27-2005, 02:08 PM
Whirling Disease?

I have never heard of that on this site, which does not say much as i am quite new to all this...but i have all ailments and treatments in my notes. I thought.....:angel: ....can you say more about it or have any articles on this?

Thanks!

Marie~

american breeder
10-27-2005, 02:15 PM
Whirling Disease?

I have never heard of that on this site, which does not say much as i am quite new to all this...but i have all ailments and treatments in my notes. I thought.....:angel: ....can you say more about it or have any articles on this?

Thanks!

Marie~
Hi Marie

it is a common fish disease

if u type in Whirling disease u will find much

in discus it is usually brought on by sudden rises in temp going from cool water to extreme warm water..

PM me for more

AB

Kindredspirit
10-28-2005, 07:51 AM
Marc~

Thanks for the info! Inquiring Minds Wanted To Know.....lol

Happy Halloween AMERICAN BREEDERhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/8/8_1_219.gif

Marie~

american breeder
10-28-2005, 09:31 AM
Marc~

Thanks for the info! Inquiring Minds Wanted To Know.....lol

Happy Halloween AMERICAN BREEDERhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/8/8_1_219.gif

Marie~
no prob Marie

how do u do those creatures i luv em

AB

Kindredspirit
10-28-2005, 10:09 AM
Marc~

smileycentral.com

Putting a link in here so doesnt work for me! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/15/15_3_32.gif I have no idea why...i can put it anywhere else....sorri, Marc or i would have put the link for you!

juss download and enjoy!!

Marie~