View Full Version : Happy Holloween!

JMArtist
10-25-2005, 05:06 PM
Happy Halloween Everybody!
Here's my little treat for you all...

Mughal
10-25-2005, 05:25 PM
How Evil!@

What strain is that? I want one? Maybe Cary could breed one to look like that, what do you think?

Barb Newell
10-25-2005, 05:34 PM
That is amazing, I love it!!!! You're very creative.
Now, is that something we can download to our desktops?
Barb :)

JMArtist
10-25-2005, 06:16 PM
That is amazing, I love it!!!! You're very creative.
Now, is that something we can download to our desktops?
Barb :)

Sure, every one feel free to copy and paste it for your selves.
It's my Trick or Treat to you all!!!

Kindredspirit
10-25-2005, 07:21 PM
JM~

That is soooooooo cool! Only could you come up with that!

Happy Halloween Everyone!!

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/8/8_1_222.gif

Marie!

korbi_doc
10-26-2005, 09:41 AM
THAT IS SO CUTE!! GOOD JOB!!
:D :D :D
HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE! :D Dottie

wolfbane
10-26-2005, 10:16 AM
Thanks for sharing your art with us! This is sooo kewl! I can't wait to see your next one!

JMArtist
10-27-2005, 08:53 PM
Thanks for sharing your art with us! This is sooo kewl! I can't wait to see your next one!

Thanks, glad your all enjoying these images. This hobby should be fun also.
I do have something for Christmas planned...but haven't come up with anything I like for Thanksgiving yet...Mmmm, maybe I need a water change and some Epsom Salts to get me going...which reminds me, are there any Discus Jokes out there???

Jeff
10-27-2005, 09:30 PM
I also do enjoy seeing this type of stuff. Nice Job!!!

Mughal
10-27-2005, 10:54 PM
Here's a Discus joke...it's the only one I could think of.

There's a Discus who comes into the bar and the bartender says,'Hey, we've got a drink named after you.' And the Discus says, 'Why would anyone name a drink Bob?' :o

Anyhow, I made it up, you'll have to read it at least 2ce to start laughing.

JMArtist
10-27-2005, 11:41 PM
Here's a Discus joke...it's the only one I could think of.

There's a Discus who comes into the bar and the bartender says,'Hey, we've got a drink named after you.' And the Discus says, 'Why would anyone name a drink Bob?' :o

Anyhow, I made it up, you'll have to read it at least 2ce to start laughing.

That was bad...No Late Nite with Leno for you...

Mughal
10-28-2005, 12:02 AM
Not even a smile? IT's that bad? Dangit! I need to switch careers again!

PJs
10-28-2005, 07:07 AM
Okay, how about a rewrite (I enjoyed the first one):

There's a Discus who comes into the bar and the bartender says,'Hey, we've got a drink named after you.' And the Discus says, 'Why would anyone name a drink Ick?' :crazy:

Har de har. (It hurts, it hurts :waaa: .)

Great thread. Love your pumkin-discus, JM.

Kindredspirit
10-28-2005, 07:31 AM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_12_6.gif

Happy Halloween PJ!http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/8/8_1_218.gif

Marie~

PJs
10-28-2005, 11:08 AM
Mughal, you've inspired my first-ever jokes! Sorry I'm stealing from you.:o

Thanks Marie. I luuuuv your smileys -I have saved most of them. Where do you find them?

OK, couldn't resist, two more:

This discus swims into a bar and the bartender says,'Hey, we've got a drink just for you.' And the discus says, 'I'll bite. What's it called?' 'Eggs on a Cone'. The discus slams an algae wafer down on the bar and says, 'Gimme two!' then wriggles off with them to find her mate.

The discus returns shortly, breathing heavily. 'Hey', she says, 'this mate'o'mine drinks like a fish. You got any more of those?' 'We've got something better!' replies the bartender. He reaches down behind the bar, pulls the bag out of a trashcan and holds the can out to the discus. 'It's called "Maggots in a Bin."' The discus slams a wafer down and ...

Ok, ok, I'll stop now. Got that out of my system. :D

Kindredspirit
10-28-2005, 01:39 PM
ewwwwwwwwwwwww............!! PJ, you are on a roll, babe! I so hate maggots more than anything in this world along with the cbw, if i EVER dropped one of those wiggley things on me i would surely lose it!http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_19_7.gif

But i can pick up snakes, no problem!

Marie!

pj: smileycentral.com

PJs
10-28-2005, 04:32 PM
Eeeeew back at you. You can paste in a smiley like that but not stand maggots?! :p (Disgusting as it is, I have also saved this smiley.)

BTW, those jokes require familiarity with the name of the drink "Sex on a Beach". (Don't ask me what's in them, I have no clue.)

Cheers! :antlers:

Kindredspirit
10-28-2005, 04:45 PM
Pj~ I have had that drink! It's really good!

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/13/13_4_10.gif

i am not sure what is in it either.......

M~

sidra
10-29-2005, 08:08 AM
Bartender here will fill you in....although there are some variations, a "Sex on the Beach" is vodka, peach schnapps and cranberry juice.

John, lovin' the Halloween discus!

Marie, I love your smiley's too. You've yet to share where you get them :cry: :fish:

Since we're on the Halloween topic, just want to let you know my discus had their Halloween fun Thursday night. It's really a "you had to be there" but I was sewing costumes for my friend and her boyfriend (they used to have discus). Anyway, I had Bill try on his costume and the five juvies in the living room were instantly intrigued. The group of them swam to the corner of the tank nearest to him. He started flapping around the costume (a brown smock-like thing) and I thought they'd freak out. They loved it! I have never seen them look so big, their fins SO stretched out and the whole group of them mesmerized. I wish I'd had a camera around. The more he flapped around the more they watched. While Charlie Brown has been waiting for the "Great Pumpkin" every year, these babies think they got to see the "Great Brown Discus" on their very first Halloween! LOL

Kristen:fish:

Kindredspirit
10-29-2005, 08:34 AM
Hey Kristen!

Thanks for the ingredients, woman! So you are a bartendar? How cool is that....Kristen, that is the cutest story about your friend and his halloween costume! Too bad you couldnt have taped it! I have some incense as well called, 'Sex On The Beach'....lol!

Happy Halloween Kristen! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/8/8_1_224.gif ( ya gotta love it!)

Marie~

oh, go to : smileycentral.com

sidra
10-29-2005, 08:44 AM
Thanks Marie....I'll have to play with that. I've got so much security on this laptop my computer won't let me do what I want. It's taken over LOL.

I Only bartend part time, but it can be fun. I'm a manager at an insurance company full time.

I wish I had photos or tape of my discus that night. Especially the tape, because Bill was making up what the babies would be saying and Amy and I were laughing so hard I thought I was going to hyperventilate!:bouncegre

BTW, you can also make those drinks with some orange juice. That's the tastier way!

Happy Halloween to you too!

I have to get going here...I'm going on "the great aquarium hunt" (shopping for my 75 gallon tank) yeay!!!! I can't wait to have all eight of my discus in one big tank. It's gonna be their Christmas present.

Kristen

Kristen

Kindredspirit
10-29-2005, 08:48 AM
Kristen!

Good for you!! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_30_104.gif Have oodles of fun! Let me know how it went!!

Marie!

JMArtist
10-29-2005, 09:11 PM
My...how this turned into a frightening thread....Happy Holloween!!!!

PJs
10-30-2005, 07:38 AM
Fun story - I've noticed how much angels and discus love to watch people. They rush to glass to watch when I do stretches and such, for example.

Was this a discus costume? Brown? That is impressive. Good sewing. Pictures would be fun, whatever it is you are sewing. Good luck aquarium hunting! (I've noticed there are often quite a few on sale in local online aquarium orgs.)

Thanks for the recipe - sounds pretty good! How about a discus drink?