11-01-2005, 09:55 PM
Original F1 pair
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

notice the color on my RABBIT

it isnt fleshy
its gorgeous

Rod
11-02-2005, 01:43 AM
Pardon my ignorance....what do you mean by fleshy? I have no idea what you mean.

Rod
11-02-2005, 03:11 AM
so by fleshy you mean skin colored like a white man....ok, thanks. My albinos look very similar color to yours, according to the breeder they came from Alenquer.

american breeder
11-02-2005, 04:08 AM
so by fleshy you mean skin colored like a white man....ok, thanks. My albinos look very similar color to yours, according to the breeder they came from Alenquer.

would u be so kind as to show me a pic of your fish

thanks

Rod
11-02-2005, 05:39 AM
No probs mate, post 10 of this thread. http://forum.simplydiscus.com//showthread.php?t=45430

Kindredspirit
11-02-2005, 08:41 AM
Nice fish, gentleman! Rod, yours is soooooooo bright! I love it!http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_9_1.gif I also like really round discus as opposed to the football shape....

Marie!

american breeder
11-02-2005, 09:55 AM
No probs mate, post 10 of this thread. http://forum.simplydiscus.com//showthread.php?t=45430
thanks Rod

yes the fish u show as ALBINO
is the fleshy kind even though a good example of one.. look carefully at the photo i have ..look at the patterns on my fish..
i will see if can get u a better photo
so u can see the fish in question color is almost yellow..Alenquer no

ALBINO X thats all im saying
be well Mate

american breeder
11-02-2005, 11:12 AM
Original F1 pair
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
GOLDEN RED DOT TWO FEMALES AND A MALE

Kindredspirit
11-02-2005, 12:18 PM
Marc~

That middle one is so round! I love that!:angel:

Marie~

yeller
11-02-2005, 01:53 PM
Mr American Breeder
They are not Albinos.just GOLDEN LEOPARDS.

Kumar

Maybe they have rabbits eyes transplanted in to them...... Some hi-tech $h1t I say....

Condor
11-02-2005, 02:26 PM
Great fish gents! I think I get it. PB thats not a PB? Cool..... Any other color variations coming? Or is that possible?

Adrian

american breeder
11-02-2005, 02:33 PM
Marc~

That middle one is so round! I love that!:angel:

Marie~
i BELIEVE THIS LITTLE THREESOME IS ALREADY SPOKEN FOR

this picture isnt even close to the red color against this yellow gold base with a GGOLDEN FACE WITH 3 TO 5 GOLDEN YELLOW LINES RUNNING IN THE FORHEAD AND NOWHERE ELSE

Truely a pleasure to behold

maybe next week i will post
pics of CALIFORNIA ERUPTION..PAIRS

bye bye Marie

american breeder
11-02-2005, 02:45 PM
Mr American Breeder
They are not Albinos.just GOLDEN LEOPARDS.

Kumar
yes of course there not or are they..
new owners will see for themselves what they are

VERY VERY RARE

everyone in Malaysia is breeding WEB LEOPARD
many patterns per sq inch..much going on
LSSRS'
BEST GRADE HAS THE MOST PATTERNING.
i call my version 2000CHARACTER
but i have the purest form which i favor myself which is the
SUPER HYBRID GOLDEN RED DOT SUPER FISH..GIN RIN
the colors are astounding no hormones etc

when i use this term GIN RIN
it is to denote extremely hi quality becuase the scales floures
to the extreme and when light is placed directly on the fish.. the ruby dots are breath takeing.. the picture doesnt really show the smaller dots very well, but the fish have three sizes of dots interspersed with a very symetrical
pattern ..that is really the big deal

with the fish..

and others in this grade

the symetry against the base solid diamondised base color against multiple dots arranged in a circle pattern

wow..

i have this fish in three base colors
each a sister variant off the other

Kindredspirit
11-02-2005, 05:58 PM
Hey Marc!

Not that i know what you are talking about, but they look great to me! I adore that really round look... do you know what i mean? That seems to be not real common...but not a pointy nose either! I juss know what I like to look at, but not necessarily the names of them!

Thanks for sharing, AB~

Got an interesting pm earlier.....can not wait....

( ruffling feathers again, M ?)http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_33_2.gif

Marie!!

yeller
11-02-2005, 09:17 PM
yes of course there not or are they..
new owners will see for themselves what they are

VERY VERY RARE

everyone in Malaysia is breeding WEB LEOPARD
many patterns per sq inch..much going on
LSSRS'
BEST GRADE HAS THE MOST PATTERNING.
i call my version 2000CHARACTER
but i have the purest form which i favor myself which is the
SUPER HYBRID GOLDEN RED DOT SUPER FISH..GIN RIN
the colors are astounding no hormones etc

when i use this term GIN RIN
it is to denote extremely hi quality becuase the scales floures
to the extreme and when light is placed directly on the fish.. the ruby dots are breath takeing.. the picture doesnt really show the smaller dots very well, but the fish have three sizes of dots interspersed with a very symetrical
pattern ..that is really the big deal

with the fish..

and others in this grade

the symetry against the base solid diamondised base color against multiple dots arranged in a circle pattern

wow..

i have this fish in three base colors
each a sister variant off the other

Do these thoughts come naturally or did you have to take a special class.....

especially the circular pattern.... that is priceless.... Hahahaha!!!!!

candyl70
11-02-2005, 10:31 PM
Hey all,
we are keeping things nice and simple in these posts. We have had enough name calling etc. If you don't like what you are reading or don't agree, simply go to another thread. We should respect others ideas, even if you don't agree. Thank you for considering others.

Candy

Kindredspirit
11-03-2005, 09:04 AM
Yeller Yeller Yeller.....

Why you do that? Come on....I know you can play well with others.......http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_9_6v.gif

Try okay??

Marie~

( IM trying....lol) wanna race?

kaceyo
11-03-2005, 10:36 AM
I agree. I don't understand why people feel they have to lash out at what they don't agree with. Well...I understand but...?

Kacey

american breeder
11-03-2005, 11:31 AM
I agree. I don't understand why people feel they have to lash out at what they don't agree with. Well...I understand but...?

Kacey
Dear Kacey

people do this kind of stuff usually out of fear'' as marie said
i have ruffled some feathers here in the sponsoship dudes

they are not happy i am here.. i cant help it..i like it..
i have leanred something here

usually when i see others fish
i start no this is all wrong etc

my wife she calls me a discus snob hehe

but i see u guys saying nice things about well ugly fish

so i say hm this is a good thing really

its very human and kind

so i like this about SIMPLY

everyones fish are ok.. so this is humbling and i thanku all for sharing this insight

anyway

be well
AB

Kindredspirit
11-03-2005, 11:36 AM
Marc~

A Discus Snob....now that is a good one! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_4_157.gif Kudos to your wife, Sir!

Don't let her hit you with a DEAD FISH, M~

I am glad you are back!!!

Marie!

ronrca
11-03-2005, 12:05 PM
notice the color on my RABBIT

it isnt fleshy
its gorgeous

Marc,
Do you perhaps mean flashy rather than fleshy? Flashy pertaining more to bright, vivid colors!?

DarkDiscus
11-03-2005, 12:25 PM
Yeller,

Here is your official warning if you don't want to listen to kind advice by other members:

Please refrain from the combative attitude and negative posting. If you have a question, please ask it politely. If you disagree with something, please post your point of view.

Thanks,

John

yeller
11-03-2005, 12:50 PM
Yeller,

Here is your official warning if you don't want to listen to kind advice by other members:

Please refrain from the combative attitude and negative posting. If you have a question, please ask it politely. If you disagree with something, please post your point of view.

Thanks,

John

That's a warning?..... hahaha!!!! whatcha gonna do, delete my ID and all my posts and continue to keep your readers in the dark.... Be my guest.... Been there, done that, Not here to play games, anymore.......
So long.

DarkDiscus
11-03-2005, 12:59 PM
As you said, goodbye once again Yeller!

As for everyone else, please let's return to our regularly scheduled post, with apologies!

John

JimmyL
11-03-2005, 01:07 PM
AB: Anyways, back to the topic. Just ignore the negatives. What did you feed your rabbit golden dot leopard snakeskin or whatever you call them. How did you get them so red even with a red ring at the base of dorsal fin? Your sea Mussel Omelets? White Crane's vitamins will go bankrupt if your secret recipe can do that. Good work...I think you raise them in extremely soft water to bring out the color.
Jimmy

american breeder
11-03-2005, 01:18 PM
AB: Anyways, back to the topic. Just ignore the negatives. What did you feed your rabbit golden dot leopard snakeskin or whatever you call them. How did you get them so red even with a red ring at the base of dorsal fin? Your sea Mussel Omelets? White Crane's vitamins will go bankrupt if your secret recipe can do that. Good work...I think you raise them in extremely soft water to bring out the color.
Jimmy
bingo JiMMY

YES VERY SOFT WATER

and a lot of shrimp cocktails and lobster bisques

of course red sea mussles and green sea mussles
with scrambled eggs
for u i get out the salt and pepper

also the strain has something to do with it

be well my friend
AB

american breeder
11-03-2005, 01:21 PM
Marc~

A Discus Snob....now that is a good one! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_4_157.gif Kudos to your wife, Sir!

Don't let her hit you with a DEAD FISH, M~

I am glad you are back!!!

Marie!
she hits me where it weally hurts in my POCKET BOOK
which she has away of emptying out with SIMPLY a glance

Ab with empty pockets

JimmyL
11-03-2005, 01:29 PM
I'll pack one with black disease and another , velvet disease with one eye fallen off the socket. Ready to send to her just in case...zero dead fish send so far...good work.

american breeder
11-03-2005, 01:49 PM
I'll pack one with black disease and another , velvet disease with one eye fallen off the socket. Ready to send to her just in case...zero dead fish send so far...good work.
dont mention the black, ive changed it to blue disease with fins fallening off..i have been told that the black is a legend, im SIMPLY a shrimp in a vast ocean.of cocktail sauce..lemon Jimmy

AB

kaceyo
11-03-2005, 04:36 PM
Hey Marc,
I don't think I see many "ugly" fish here, remember ugly is in the eye of the beholder. But I know what you mean. People withhold criticizem and say an obviously flawed fish is nice. sometimes it's because they don't want to alienate or upset the breeder/supplier and sometimes to keep from hurting the feelings of the proud owner. This can be a good thing or bad depending on circumstances, don't you think?

Kacey

Kindredspirit
11-03-2005, 04:41 PM
Marc~

That was sweet what you said about your wife!

Marie!http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_73.gif

american breeder
11-03-2005, 04:55 PM
Hey Marc,
I don't think I see many "ugly" fish here, remember ugly is in the eye of the beholder. But I know what you mean. People withhold criticizem and say an obviously flawed fish is nice. sometimes it's because they don't want to alienate or upset the breeder/supplier and sometimes to keep from hurting the feelings of the proud owner. This can be a good thing or bad depending on circumstances, don't you think?

Kacey
it doesnt huirt anyone to be generous

so their fish isnt grand champion this or that

my cat is not grand champion

but i think he is

so
let us respect everyones effort

i like that best

AB

candyl70
11-03-2005, 04:59 PM
Well said AB. I like it that way best too. :D

american breeder
11-03-2005, 06:34 PM
Well said AB. I like it that way best too. :D
it is not so hard to show tolerance and understanding toward others
in fact after awhile it becomes easy

like placeing objects down silently

u know how discus get spooked
when u put things down

bump and they are off and running

did u ever think why they do this
lets see if anyone gets it right...

anyway over the years i have learned to place objects down silently because of this stupid head antics of the discos..
i really dont like when they go nuts
.. so i taught myself how to be around them and not freak them out yet
move hoses and carts and ladders etc etc etc..even netting them has become an art

there is a way to net them gently..more to follow about gentle netting..

AB

10 week old TRUE ERUPTION 1000 DOTS
my eruptions dont have the LSS component..
they dont have small fractured lines that look like dots..then when they get older

the lines grow into one another..
u get striped fine line fish

to have true segregation of the dots

oh boy that was the hard part..

check out the pics of the dotted fish i have posted.. notice the segregation between dots

thats what makes them so gorgeous,,the contrast..that is art..contrasting ideas
red dots against a golden canvas

AB

Jeff
11-03-2005, 06:48 PM
Very nice. Do you have any pics of full grown adults?

Kindredspirit
11-03-2005, 06:56 PM
Marc~

Why do they freak out and dash away? Im thinking cuz they are so little and large objects outside the tank looming at them, well, i may run and hide too.. but sometimes, i do not see why they dash across, and hide...I use to think it was the reflection from the tv, on the side of the tank, so i covered it! They use to flip out when our Newf and Great Dane came in the office, but no more....

So come on, give it up~

Marie~:angel:

candyl70
11-03-2005, 07:03 PM
Is it the vibration that freaks them out? or the "rapid" movement? Do tell!
Wow!!! i really want that little guy... he is gorgeous!!

Candy

Kindredspirit
11-03-2005, 07:19 PM
...nothing ever vibrates in my office tho! that i am aware of at least... Do they hear?? http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_11_16.gif

M~

Condor
11-03-2005, 07:45 PM
Movement they dont mind. They like to see everything and check it out. It's what they cant see that scares them.

Kindredspirit
11-03-2005, 07:54 PM
Condor.........then.........if they can not see it they, what? sense it??

Marie~

Condor
11-03-2005, 08:16 PM
I think that Candy had it with the vibration. They cannot see it but they can feel it.

Rod
11-03-2005, 08:23 PM
I'll guess instinct, in the amazon they need to be wary of predators or else they might become a meal.

Nice spotted discus Marc....very nice. No what you mean by spots turning to lines, i have a nice red turk here i bought as a big spot leopard....lol.

April
11-03-2005, 08:26 PM
yes...they do hear as i had a tank in my grooming shop..and a few times we had a very loud barker..and they reacted. they werent impressed.
also..my fish never reacted to my dalmation going by..maybe a bit of envy over her nonerunning togeather spots..now who can make me a black spot on white discus? anyhow..one day i looked after a sheepdog..and he went by the tank..and they freaked. different dog and much hairier.so..they know their dogs and their breeds and recognize regular old housedog..and guest dog.

Dave C
11-03-2005, 08:26 PM
If you've ever been to Cary's house you'll see a different method. He rountinely bangs the glass on his tanks. The fish are so used to it they don't even budge. It bothered me more the fish, that crazy guy... no tiptoeing through the fishroom for him

Rod
11-03-2005, 08:30 PM
I'd love a dalmation discus as well April......where's that permenant marking pen??:D

April
11-03-2005, 08:41 PM
make me one rodney... no just send me all your alencers and ill be happy. one spotted dog is enough for me..i think theyd get the attitude if they were spotted like the dog.
on simply...if someone asks for an honest opinion of their fish..sometimes they get it. but..if they are a newbie..or just a proud fish owner..encouragement goes a long ways..remember..sometimes if your new to a forum..and new to discus..it can be a bit intimidating for newbies to post. so a warm welcome..and some help is what they need. not your fish..is runted and dying.. etc.
the policy is no critcism of quality of fish in the beginner section. in the photogallery critiquing is fine if done in a diplomatic way..and not because of breeder wars etc..and of course..my favourite saying..is from Bambii..if you cant say nothing nice..dont say anything at all. : )
we really are here to help..and keep the discus hobby going..and for everyone to learn new or better or more interesting things..and also as a group of addicts..encouraging each other to get more addicted . lol.
and..some fun posts also ...for comaraderie.
what i see..is alot of people throughly enjoying your posts ab.
im sure youve heard and learnt things also since youve been here. like the macgyver box..and tapping the tanks. etc. lol.

April
11-03-2005, 08:53 PM
Rod.. fleshy as in a white person living in canada in the winter. lol. problem is..you see too many tans over there in oz.. : )
maybe abs could be called a california tanned albino. : )

kaceyo
11-03-2005, 09:00 PM
April,
You said it much better than I did. We don't want to scare away te newbies by telling them they got screwed and their fish is ugly, lol.
Most of my fish are in the living room with my speakers and 500W subwoofer, cat and me walking by frequently so noises don't startle them. But when I dim the lights down they always freak. I think it's instinctual as when a preditor flies over or sticks it's head over the water it casts a shadow. They've been conditioned to flight in responce to light dimming suddenly.

Kacey

Condor
11-03-2005, 10:42 PM
April,
You said it much better than I did. We don't want to scare away te newbies by telling them they got screwed and their fish is ugly, lol.
Most of my fish are in the living room with my speakers and 500W subwoofer, cat and me walking by frequently so noises don't startle them. But when I dim the lights down they always freak. I think it's instinctual as when a preditor flies over or sticks it's head over the water it casts a shadow. They've been conditioned to flight in responce to light dimming suddenly.

Kacey

Just like rabbits.....:D

Kindredspirit
11-04-2005, 03:05 AM
Kacey you are so funny!! I am still laughing!!!! wow~

April, you are more right than you know....it can be very intimidating on here at first...you said it well!

Marie~http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_7_9.gif

ronrca
11-04-2005, 11:54 AM
If you've ever been to Cary's house you'll see a different method. He rountinely bangs the glass on his tanks. The fish are so used to it they don't even budge. It bothered me more the fish, that crazy guy... no tiptoeing through the fishroom for him
Yep! Discus are like any other animal I guess. They get use to you. It takes time however if you tiptoe around them, you better get use to that all the time too. ;)

Elcid
11-07-2005, 05:06 PM
Hello:

Sorry to get in on this so late but I'm wondering where that pic came from and as I was sent the same pic by another American Breeder not too long ago:

Here's the pic on my hard drive :)

american breeder
11-07-2005, 05:37 PM
Hello:

Sorry to get in on this so late but I'm wondering where that pic came from and as I was sent the same pic by another American Breeder not too long ago:

Here's the pic on my hard drive :)
did i send u that pic..i dont remember

but anyway it is my pic and my 10 week old eruption

sorry

AB

Elcid
11-07-2005, 05:54 PM
Hi:

Thanks for your answer, I was told that this fish was located overseas on October 13th, 2005. Where are you located?

thanks,
Sandeep

crimson cross
11-07-2005, 10:42 PM
Wow, that 10 week old eruption sure has a lot of spots ALREADY....