PDA

View Full Version : scratching

grelot
11-02-2005, 06:48 PM
I have a new batch of 13 3 inches since a month. three weeks ago I noticed that a few of them were doing some scratching against objects. So I decided to do a prazipro treatment every seven days for 21 days. last sunday was the second treatment. but yesterday I noticed that fishes that were not scratching in the beginning were heavily scratching yesterday.
is there anything else than fluke and other external parasites that can cause scratching???
what would you do?? continue the treatment or change for something else

Carol_Roberts
11-02-2005, 07:01 PM
I usually use formalin for flukes - did you see any improvement after the first dose of prazi? ARe you doing daily WC of 50% + salt at 2 tbsp per 10 gallons?

grelot
11-03-2005, 02:02 PM
I'm doing daily 75% but I dont add salt continually.

I thought I had see an improvement after the first dose but right now there is as much scratching as there was before the prazi

Barb Newell
11-03-2005, 03:05 PM
Hi, what size tank are they in?

Barb

grelot
11-03-2005, 08:03 PM
90 gallons

grelot
11-03-2005, 08:17 PM
I just arrive from work and I see that one of them has some white stuff on dorsal fin. It'hard to tell if it's excess slime or if it's fungi etc.
It's located only on the dorsal spines( hard fin rays) and he's skaking those ray like if trying to get rid of that thing.

That discus was acting weird since three days. he had his mood bars darker than usual and he was often alone in his corner while the other come to see me when I enter the room. And since 2 days he was doing some eat and spit. Tonight he ate tough. Man that one is my favorite WLSS:scared:

Also in that tank there is a golden melon that has become very pale last week. He still eats but doesnt rush on food. All the other melons are bright red/orange and that one looks almost like a golden angelfish (white with yellow on forehead)

Also on the first week after I got em the were eating like pigs, really. they were rushing on any food I gave them. But now they are not as piggy as they were. they still eat everytime I put food but I notice they are not in a frenzy like in the first week. I was wondering that maybe the prazi could reduce the appetite a bit but now it's four day after treatment so it should be ok I think.

any advice appreciated.