PDA

View Full Version : Anything wrong here?

QiKsilver
11-05-2005, 11:49 AM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y204/Steve-Caro/Discus/disc0s002.jpg

You might have to save it and zoom in... little white dots but they somehow look smaller than ick... Could be salt stuck int he slime coat? Or just plain normal? I hadn't noticed until this morning.

And now just saw this... white feces...........
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y204/Steve-Caro/Discus/Whitepoop.jpg

Whatcha think?

Thanks!

QiKsilver
11-05-2005, 03:51 PM
I asked the LFS and they think that the white poop could be some fat or nerve part from their beef hearth recipe...

Carol_Roberts
11-06-2005, 12:46 AM
Hex looks like a thin string of mucus. Beefheart fat looks like partially digested fat

hexed
11-06-2005, 02:16 AM
What are your water perimeters? I do not like the way the tail looks - frayed. Check for ammonia. High ammonia will fray the fins and cause white spots which will grow bigger because it is actually burns. How often do you do water changes? Is your tank BB or do you have substrate?

QiKsilver
11-06-2005, 11:01 AM
Amonia 0, nitrites 0, nitrates under 5ppm, I got 'em 3 days ago... could be stress?

Ph 7.6, GH 140ppm, KH 80gr... Temp 86F. Substrate is sand but i'm siphoning more and more every time i do a WC and eventually will become BB.

Could frayed tails be caused by stress?

I still think i should have diluted the salt before putting it in the tank... could have sticked on the slime coat and caused burn.. well that's what i'm thinking...

The clown loaches sure didn't appreciate but they seem fine now...

Whatcha think?

Carol_Roberts
11-07-2005, 05:27 PM
Frayed tails can be caused by netting and ammonia burns during transport if bagged for several hours. I dump salt in the tank directly from my hand, stress may cause a fish to do poorly, but takes many days for effects to show.

QiKsilver
11-07-2005, 08:29 PM
Ummmm they were bagged for only 10 minutes... i poured them in a bucket and dripped water from the tank over 45 minutes...

Could be netting or just the LFS water conditions... they are using a sump system but then again i don't think they test for nitrates... I guess some patience will reveil any problems... As always thanks a lot for the help every1..

QiKsilver
11-08-2005, 09:09 AM
Oh by the way the frayed tails are well... not frayed anymore :)