YUPPERS

no hormones or powders of any kind except one

get shrimp shells
from resturant the uses a lot of shrimp each day

get food dehydrator
and dehi them untill really crisp.. no moisture

then puverise into [powder]
then use very very very fine screen
sift this gross powder untill extremely fine..
u see it right before your eyes..oh yes the NATURAL CAROTENE

then mix sparringly into frozen food shrimp, earthworm flake, fish eggs, fish, mix

and dont over do it.. here they are

check them out

AADiscus
11-05-2005, 04:36 PM
Those are some really pretty red's. I love the deep red on them.

What would you recommend on using as a really fine screen to sift the powder through?

Here is a pic of baby red from our own stock. What do you think?

american breeder
11-05-2005, 04:46 PM

What would you recommend on using as a really fine screen to sift the powder through?

Nice ..i like that orange yellow color alot
healthy..i think your fish so far are the some of the healthiest hobbyist fish i have seen here definetly in the top 5
well done
AB

american breeder
11-05-2005, 05:03 PM

A few minor questions Ang

how old is this fish
and what size
and how long u have

okie dokie your free to go now'
but not that far

AB

tlum
11-05-2005, 05:47 PM
Hi AB,

Are these Albinos? Do you have pictures that show their eye color? I saw some black color on the fin which kind of make me think that they are red melon, rather than albino. I personally saw a lot (hundreds) of red melon/MR albino in Hong Kong and none of them have any black color on the fin. I also saw a couple of blue diamond albion in Hong Kong which also do not have any black color on their body. Please do post more pictures of your albinos as I would really like to see what is available in the US. So far, I have been convinced that the Asian, particular Hong Kong and Malaysia breeders and hobbyists are at least 3-5 years ahead of us in North America. I would like to see evidence to show otherwise.

Thanks in advance.

Terry

JDiscus
11-05-2005, 06:32 PM
They look like red dolls (aka white face marlboro) to me. I'm sorry... but I don't know how we've gone from red dolls to red melons to yellow face solid red albinos? These are definately nice discus, but it seems like we are renaming discus as a marketing ploy!!! To me, red melons have solid red bodies with an orange tinted face. I know that these are not called red melons, but I see no trace of albino in them, other than the white head...hince red doll. Sorry for any enemys made but I'd like to see a post with pics of the 3 discus just named so they may be compared.
Jim

american breeder
11-05-2005, 06:49 PM
They look like red dolls (aka white face marlboro) to me. I'm sorry... but I don't know how we've gone from red dolls to red melons to yellow face solid red albinos? These are definately nice discus, but it seems like we are renaming discus as a marketing ploy!!! To me, red melons have solid red bodies with an orange tinted face. I know that these are not called red melons, but I see no trace of albino in them, other than the white head...hince red doll. Sorry for any enemys made but I'd like to see a post with pics of the 3 discus just named so they may be compared.
Jim
Red Doll lol

call them what ever u like'
they are hybrids
they have albino components as well as other components

u need to upgrade your resolution Jim..
they have basically a yellow face and solid red bdy..
they have for the most part cherry red to pink red iris

they breed pretty true..at least i dont get the striped face ones and the white faced ones are very small percentage

they are not true true albinos

because they are a cross which has been stabilised

Red Doll that is Kitti term..

no red dolls here....

AADiscus
11-05-2005, 09:25 PM
AB,

The picture is one of our juv from our breeder pair of super red melons. That fish is approx. 9 months old and about 5". It is home grown. Would you like to see pictures of the parents??? I'm glad you liked the picture. We have alot of other strains as well. Nice fish IMO. Would really like your opinion on them.

Here is a picture of the parents to the one before. However this is when the parents were still young. (older picture). (need to take a new one :( )

Jason
11-05-2005, 09:35 PM
nice 2 faced melons Angela!

AADiscus
11-05-2005, 09:39 PM
Thanks Jason. This pair has produced alot of fry. They are both great parents. ;) Couldn't ask for better parents.

Green Country Discus
11-05-2005, 11:03 PM
Great looking fish AB and thanks for posting. Would like to have some.

Angela, really like the melons.

Jason, we use to call my drunken uncle two faced Al. What do you mean two faced melons?? Or are you counting faces or...or??? LOL!!!

american breeder
11-05-2005, 11:10 PM
Thanks Jason. This pair has produced alot of fry. They are both great parents. ;) Couldn't ask for better parents.
they are healthy looking thats for sure

i think they are pidgeon melons..i see some pics in the last six months of this velvet red fish with a perfectly colored yellow forebdy . my fish are very red but the yellow isnt as defined as new melons in the east. New process..

i have one grade above what i showed..i will post pic when i switch disk

Ang i think they call what u have ORANGE MELONS
i like them i have a pair similar but the bdy is more yellow with and orange face..

Keep swimming upstream

AB

american breeder
11-05-2005, 11:12 PM
nice 2 faced melons Angela!

hehehehe

AB

Jason
11-06-2005, 05:43 AM
those are 2 nice faced melons I meaN

YehonatanBitton
11-06-2005, 05:51 AM
oh my god!
i want those red melons too. the first tank is GREAT.
AMERICAN BREEDER , you'r the best! :angel:

JDiscus
11-06-2005, 09:26 AM
Glad I made you lol...like I said, I am not out to make enemys, and I will take your advice...I'll call it like I see it. And yes, red doll is a Kitti term, thanks for clearing that up for me, I forgot. Those are very nice discus, I am sure they will sell very well.