PDA

View Full Version : WOW!!!

oodi
11-05-2005, 11:53 PM
Thought I'd share this pic, and the caption that went with it. Pretty scary stuff!!

Judi

River brought low:
A vessel lies trapped in a small pool on what normally is a broad expanse of the Amazon River on Oct. 26 about 90 miles east of Manaus, Brazil. One of the worst droughts ever recorded in the region has exposed sand banks all alond the Amazon, endangering navigation and grounding ships.

Spices
11-06-2005, 12:53 AM
That's just the small scope. I hear of more drastic disasters occured and still are occuring over there. We will all feel this in the end. Truly is sad. :(

Carol_Roberts
11-06-2005, 01:14 AM
I bet those pools are packed with fish . . .

EthanCote.com
11-08-2005, 03:24 PM
I agree with you Spices.

If we don't worry about what we are doing to the environment, our grandchildren will pay for our doing.

I feel the hurricans we have been experiencing are in part our doing. Some believe it is part of the Earth's natural cycle but its hard to believe that the amount of garbage and pollutants we dumped in the environment has no effect whatsoever.

Just a thought.

Cheers,

Chi.

Ardan
12-02-2005, 09:22 PM
Is Oct. their dry season?

I heard today on Paul Harvey radio, that some scientists believe that the tall skyscrapers and all the wt they carry are contributing to possible underground shifting of the earth plates resulting in earthquakes. I believe they sited that the tallest building in Japan is the epicenter of 3 large recent earthquakes.

Ardan

nacra99
12-02-2005, 11:00 PM
Is Oct. their dry season?

I heard today on Paul Harvey radio, that some scientists believe that the tall skyscrapers and all the wt they carry are contributing to possible underground shifting of the earth plates resulting in earthquakes.

The dry season varies with where you are.. but october would typically be mid - end of the dry season.

Skyscrapers sucking up water and causing earthquakes?... that's a new one.... haha....

Anonapersona
12-02-2005, 11:59 PM
I recall watching a show about the WTC and that the building itself weighed less than the rock excavated to construct the basement. IIRC, anyhow.