PDA

View Full Version : 6 discus 1 hidein

Fresh Fish
11-06-2005, 12:17 PM
Hello, Like it states about i have 6 discus, 2 red melon,2 marblo red, one blue diamond and one red turk. there in a 120 gal 2 canisters, temp 86, weekly wc at 50% fed beefheart, bloodworms, tetra bits, flake. all are good except the red turk, he hides most of the time, comes out for food, then goes back to where he was before, he sorta sits at an angle with head down, no sign of anything i read to use some epsom salt so i tried that a couple days ago with no change, he looks a litte dark but could be just the light cause he looks fine when he goes under the light. there are also angels in the tank, but there on their way out in a week to make room for some altums iin the near future. anything else ya need to know just ask. thanks. FF

Barb Newell
11-06-2005, 01:46 PM
Hi, is he being picked on by the other fish?

Barb

Fresh Fish
11-06-2005, 01:56 PM
No I dont see him being picked on, i fed beefheart today and he ate that and now hes swimmin around, but hell go hide after about a half hour. i duno, seems him and the blue diamond hide the most, but the blue is out alot more. all the rest are good. FF

AADiscus
11-06-2005, 05:27 PM
You might want to try rock salt instread of epsom. Epsom is great to use for bloat. I have noticed with my fish that there is always one that is the peewee of the tank and then you have the head man!

You might want to change from weekly wc to maybe 3-4 x's a week. I would recommend everyday but some people just can't or won't do that.

Is your tank bb or planted?

Fresh Fish
11-06-2005, 05:55 PM
yea, i have rock salt too, i just did a w/c so ill add that at 1tbsp at 10 gal, the tank is planted. i meant to say i do 50% twice a week sat or sunday amd wed. i cleaned one filter also. FF