PDA

View Full Version : Help me ID some fish

JimmyB
11-08-2005, 12:18 PM
I saw two kinds of fish for sale, but not sure if the names are common or boutique names, not sure what to expect when they grow...Let me know what you think the more common names might be so I can investigate further:

"Blue Turk"; they are some what a shade of brownish green at the moment, small fish about 3" (that includes fins), has some turquoise striations on the face, and some red striations on the lower anal fins. They have about 10-11 (or so) thin vertical dark lines on them.

"Red Mandarin": It is a paler orange on the body, with darker orange on the outer diameter of the body. The fins are black. Cool looking discus! There is a little black peppering on the face.

What is the difference between a Cobalt, a "diamond" and a "Ghost"?
I just saw the article by Carol on the national discus website which was very helpful.

Thanks for your help!! Don't be shy, give me your guesses on the common names so I can start the research.

Green Country Discus
11-08-2005, 10:21 PM
Ok, I will give my H opinion on your verbal. B turk with 10-11 bars is a snakeskin. Red mandarin with black fins is a marboro red . Cobalts have striations on their faces, Diamonds have no bars or striations, and Ghosts are another fish entirley! And a ghost (Wattly Platinum AKA etc....). Hope this helps...
Keep miling,