PDA

View Full Version : Hey Cosmo (and anyone else interested)

oodi
11-13-2005, 02:12 PM
Well... as some may know, I also have birds. I had 2 birds, to be exact. I had been looking for some time for a Green Cheek Conure. Well... I found one, and Tad and I paid a visit to the breeder yesterday. While I was filling out paperwork for the conure, Tad went behind my back, and got a pair.

Here's Jackpot:

http://webpages.charter.net/oodi/PB120006.JPG

Here's George and Gracie:

http://webpages.charter.net/oodi/PB120010.JPG

So now our bird count is up to 5!

Judi
:)

aloha_discus
11-13-2005, 02:43 PM
Just Beautiful Judi. Spectacular colors on the pair. Keep the pics coming. Back in Hawaii I had a pair of sulfur crested cakatoos and a pair of quaker parrrots. I reall miss them. They are living with my best friend who lives in Manoa. Enjoy them. They are characters.

Ike

candyl70
11-13-2005, 05:40 PM
Judi,
Those are a nice looking pair. How do they get along?
Are you going to breed them?

oodi
11-13-2005, 06:18 PM
Hi Ike,

I've heard nothing but good about Quakers, but they are illegal in California. :( Birds are great! you need to get some more!! :D

Candy,

The pair have been together for a year, although we've had them less than 24 hrs. As for breeding them... Tad suggested that we should do that this morning... but I'm not sure I'm ready to invest in the equipment, time and effort it would require.

Judi

KIWI13
11-14-2005, 06:20 AM
Good call TAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love birds too and I loved breeding em. Go on Judi think a bit on it but it would be a nice experience.

Jas :)

Cosmo
11-14-2005, 10:09 AM
Hey Judi...

We can no longer pass any display of live birds without my wife "just wanting to look" .. just a matter of time :p

lol

Jim

oodi
11-14-2005, 03:45 PM
Hey Jason,

Are you coming to help with the every 2 hr feedings it would require to handraise babies????????? :D It would be fun, but I can't go without sleep for that long! And Tad refuses to do ANYTHING with the birds, but name them (and buy a pair I didn't even consider getting)!!!

Jim,

I feel it's coming... very very soon! :p

Judi

Evan
11-14-2005, 05:56 PM
Looks good.

I saw a similar conure today except he had bright yellow and red, I can't remember the exact name though.

What kind of birds are the pair?

I have always thought about getting a bird. I have two parakeets but it's not the same. Maybe one day the timing will be right and I will have time to take care of one..

oodi
11-14-2005, 06:28 PM
Hi Evan,

Was it a Yellow Sided Conure? Or maybe a Maroon Bellied Conure?

The pair are Princess of Wales parakeets (aka POW's). They are quite a bit larger than cockatiels.

When the time comes that you want a bird, I would suggest the Green Cheek Conure (handraised, of course). They are the quietest of the conures, and real sweethearts! They are also the smallest of the conures... so they aren't too big, but not too little either. About the same size as a cockatiel.

Judi

Evan
11-14-2005, 07:23 PM
I did a search, I found a pic listed as a Sun Conure. I don't know if that is a real name or not.

Thank you for the suggestion, I will remember if the time ever comes.

oodi
11-14-2005, 07:33 PM
Ahhh yes... Sun Conures. Very pretty, and very loud!!! The Suns are a bit larger than the Green Cheeks, to give you an idea on size.

Judi

korbi_doc
12-07-2005, 03:25 PM
:D Very pretty pair Judi, boy, are you in trouble now!! Get busy with the breeding girl, don't think I'd have the oomph to do it tho, too much time & effort involve.... have fun!!!!!!!!!! Dottie ;)

oodi
12-07-2005, 03:39 PM
Well... it may be sooner than I think, Dottie. I recently got a call from the breeder we purchased the pair from... she told me she found 3 eggs in the cage they were in, when she cleaned it after we took them home. :shocked2:

Judi
:confused:

KIWI13
12-07-2005, 05:04 PM
Y-E-S Now thats the kinda news you want to be hearing.......... Lets get some babies..

You ship to europe Judi ?? LOL

Good luck with em

Jas:)

oodi
12-07-2005, 06:47 PM
Sorry, Jas...

You'll have to come and get 'em!! ;)

Judi