PDA

View Full Version : Adopted Kio Angelfish

JMArtist
11-18-2005, 11:28 PM
A friend of mine is moving and was giving away the few fish he had.
He had one quater size Kio Anglefish that I ended up adopting and placing in my angelfish tank...I hope he don't get to bullied around, there are three larger angels in there already.
I don't know why I took him, I've been thinking about giving these angels to my brother to sell in his store and then get a few Altum Angels instead...
Here's a picture of the little guy.

candyl70
11-19-2005, 07:34 AM
He is gorgeous JM... I know exactly why you took him!! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_1_90.gif

Candy

JMArtist
11-19-2005, 09:06 AM
He is gorgeous JM... I know exactly why you took him!! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_1_90.gif

Candy

Well, he or she is cute....it did eat some flake food and Brime this morning, and so far I have only seen the Platinum Blond Angelfish chase him once or twice. It's a planted tank, so it should be able to hide when it needs to.
Course the Blond one chases the other two angels around all the time, dispite the fact that the Smokey Blue Vail Angelfish is even larger then the Blond.
The Blond must be a male...there is a Silver Angel about the same size as the Blond, and they take turns chasing each other, so it's probably another male.

Barb Newell
11-21-2005, 12:59 PM
He's cute!

Barb :)

JMArtist
11-21-2005, 10:12 PM
He's cute!

Barb :)

You can tell that's a he???? WOW Barb, you are good :)

Barb Newell
11-22-2005, 02:40 AM
No, I meant he/she :) Try color feeding that little guy with either color flakes or crushed tetra bits, he should get more orange. Orange Koi need to be color fed while they're growing, as adults, as long as they're kept in good conditons (ie clean water, stress free, good food), they maintain their orange. I no longer color feed my adult koi pairs, they are vibrant.

Barb

JMArtist
11-22-2005, 09:03 AM
No, I meant he/she :) Try color feeding that little guy with either color flakes or crushed tetra bits, he should get more orange. Orange Koi need to be color fed while they're growing, as adults, as long as they're kept in good conditons (ie clean water, stress free, good food), they maintain their orange. I no longer color feed my adult koi pairs, they are vibrant.

Barb

Thanks Barb,
I do have Color Flakes and Color Bits.
I'm happy that 5 days later, the little guy is holding his own with the larger fish.
He's right there at the top of he tank when I feed them, and has even snatched food from the larger angels, so I think it'll will be fine.