PDA

View Full Version : Ecoaqualizer and PH

Errol
11-25-2005, 08:14 PM
Hi. This is my first post. My english is very poor, but I'm going to do my best. Yesterday my ph in my discus 125 tank was 6.0. This morning climb to 7.0. Will be the use of the ecoaqualizer? Thanks for your response.:confused:

RandalB
11-25-2005, 08:43 PM
The Ecoaqualizer? You mean this?:
http://www.ecoaqualizer.com/aquarium.htm

If so, Nope. It doesn't do anything. Return it and get your $$ back...

It's more likely that you have dissolved Co2 in your water and the pH is jumping back as the Co2 is off gassing.

HTH,
RandalB

AFTICA
11-25-2005, 08:52 PM
OMG - that thing is still being sold?

ronrca
11-26-2005, 12:02 AM
Hi. This is my first post. My english is very poor, but I'm going to do my best. Yesterday my ph in my discus 125 tank was 6.0. This morning climb to 7.0. Will be the use of the ecoaqualizer? Thanks for your response.:confused:

Hi and welcome to Simplydiscus! :D
The water use you for water changes, do you wait 24 hours before using? Are you using an airpump to get the C02 out? Are you heating it?

Sometimes, like in my case, the ph from the tap water is much lower because of carbon dioxide. So you have to let the C02 out. We call this aging the water (airpump and heater).

HTH
Ron

Btw, your English is really good! ;)

Errol
11-27-2005, 07:43 PM
Thanks. My ecoaqualizer was used in my marine tank. I think that this equipment don"t work in my Discus tank. Ron , I use the water from RAIN . The ph is 6.0 (in the ph test is yellow). The temp in my tank is 81-83 degrees always because I live in a tropical island. I use co2 using a tank that turn in on when my lights going on (9 hrs because my discus tank is planted.
PD. Really you are a good forum. I think that anybody will answer me. Maybe I think that you don"t understand because my English;). Thanks again.
I make today morning a big water change (90 gls) . With my pump in off ,the ph still 6.0. At 3:00 I make a test and the ph was 6.5 (light green). I don't know but when I turn on the pump the ph go up 6.5 in three hours. What you think about this situation. Will be that the ph changes during the day? I make an order of peat moss. Somebody told me that peat help to lower the ph. The problem will be that turns the water "yellowish".

Carol_Roberts
11-28-2005, 02:01 AM
Randall is correct. I'd also like to point out that 6.0 is as low as your test kit will register . . . even if the pH of the water is 3.5! Best to agitate/aerate/circulate your water for several hours to bring the pH up before adding to your tank.