PDA

View Full Version : Medicated spawn

etr63
11-25-2005, 09:50 PM
Hi all
Has anyone had their fish spawn while the tank was being medicated? I have a pair that I have been treating with Kanamycin. Today will be day 5 of the treatment once I do my WC. They spawned last night. Most of the eggs have turned dark while the remainder are still tan in color. Do you think that the Kanamycin will hurt the eggs/babies?
Earl

Sindhu
11-26-2005, 07:51 AM
Hi,
i just PP my Marlboro Red pair and they spawned while
being treated. Guess time will tell. Good luck.

Sindhu

etr63
11-27-2005, 10:23 PM
Hi All
well it seems that Kanamycin does not play well with eggs. After 24hrs most had turned dark but with in the following 48 hrs the had all went back to tan in color. I just sucked them out with the python. I hope the pair does not start eating the eggs in defence since this is the second time they have spawned and since I was treating them I had to remove the eggs both times.
Earl

Carol_Roberts
11-28-2005, 02:16 AM
Why are you treating with Kanmycin if they feel well enough to breed?

candyl70
11-28-2005, 06:12 AM
Carol,
I believe Earl said that he was treating before the fish spawned, not after.

etr63
11-28-2005, 02:30 PM
Hi Carol
Welcome back. I was treating for an internal bacteria infection and was 4 days into the treatment when they spawned. Just my luck. Barb said to treat for 8 days, today will be the eight day. he seems to be doing much better, comes to the top at feeding time but still havent seen him eat much.

Earl