PDA

View Full Version : Fish Vommit ?

CAGE-RATTLER
11-26-2005, 01:42 PM
Probably a stupid question but ive noticed a few times my fish have ........... well........... what looks like they vommit out a white cloud of whatever. And this morning it looked to contain a white stringy thing about an inch long.

Just wondering what this might be? Or if i need to be concearned and what treatment to use if so?

Everything seems normal except for the discus that ive noticed do this has had a case of bloat that was taken care of with one dose of epson salts 2 weeks in a row.

candyl70
11-26-2005, 02:14 PM
Cage,
Do you feed blood worms? Could it have been one that he was spitting out? I have seen a few that aren't that red. Maybe?

Candy

Carol_Roberts
11-27-2005, 12:04 AM
You are either overfeeding or your fish are not effectively digesting their food and the food is fermenting in the gut. Sometimes you will see gas bubbles vomited along with the stomach contents. Feed less for a few days and dose with epsom salt at 1 tablespoon per 10 gallons. Epsom salt should work in 4 hours and is easily removed with your water change.

CAGE-RATTLER
11-27-2005, 01:52 AM
I had a feeling it may be overfeeding ................ but these guys beg all the time ..... lol.

Ive cut back and as i said before they have already got the 2 epson salt treatments and will do another after tomorrows water change.

Thanx Carol Much appreciated.

CAGE-RATTLER
11-27-2005, 01:56 AM
Cage,
Do you feed blood worms? Could it have been one that he was spitting out? I have seen a few that aren't that red. Maybe?

Candy

I do feed bloodworms but have noticed this early morning right before feeding times mostly. Hmmmmmmmmmmm Morning sickness ........... a sign of eggs to come? ;)

BIGFOOT
11-28-2005, 10:20 PM
Ha Ha Ha I dont think its morning sickness.

bottombare
11-29-2005, 12:40 PM
the only time i seen my fish vommit was when i changed water and my ph was way diffrent than in the tank.