PDA

View Full Version : need help with blue diamond

y2kdale
11-27-2005, 10:04 PM
Hello I am very new to this site and the hobbying of discus. I have noticed growths coming from the side of the face on one of my discus. they look like they could be pimples or tumor type growths. Anyone have any suggestions.

and how to treat... they are in a 40 gallon oceanic stretch hex with 2 pigeon blood discus, some rummy nose and blood fin tetras and 2 clown plecos.

the discus that has the growth is a blue diamond.... they are a pair...

Barb Newell
11-27-2005, 10:47 PM
Hi, welcome to Simply.

Do you have any pics? Are they like little threads? Take a good look at them with a magnifying glass, do they come and go?

Barb

Discusgeo2
11-27-2005, 10:47 PM
Do you have any pictures of the fish. It's kinda hard to say anything without seeing the fish.

y2kdale
11-28-2005, 12:00 AM
not at the moment but I am trying to take some.... also they look like if horns were trying to grow.... I know they dont have horns.... but thats another way to describe... as far as coming and going they are always there. I was thinking it was defect or something like that.... but I am not sure so I asked here....

Barb Newell
11-28-2005, 01:03 AM
How many are there?

Barb

Carol_Roberts
11-28-2005, 01:35 AM
It could be hard pus. First line of defense is large daily water changes and clean the tank, tank walls, rinse the filter media in dechlorinated water. Add 2 tablespoons salt per 10 gallons. You may need to dose with a good external like furan II. Furan II will impact the biofiltger - try water changes for a week or 10 days and see if discus improve before adding antibiotics.

Alight
11-28-2005, 02:30 PM
Yes, pictures are important for us to help. Could also be hole-in-the-head disease, which has raised. puss filled regions before they open up as actual holes (these appear worm filled when they open up, although these are not actual worms). Without pictures, it's impossible to tell.

y2kdale
11-29-2005, 11:23 PM
the picture file is too big... what can I do?

ronrca
11-30-2005, 12:35 PM
You can resize them using Microsoft Paint under stretch/skew. Then resize. See pic below

Or-
You can send me the pics and I'll post them for you if you want. :thumbsup:
Click on my name, view profile and select on the right side to send me an email! ;)

y2kdale
12-05-2005, 03:31 AM
the growth is now turning red with a white head like a pimple... I am having trouble getting a good picture of it... when I do I will post....