PDA

View Full Version : help

ferrari6012003
12-04-2005, 08:49 PM
have just recently bought two discus. One blue and one orange red. In the store before i bought it the orange red discus was almost completely red and orange with no frickles. But after i put him into my water frickles began to show on his body. The blue has settle in just fine so what is the problem what my other discus

etr63
12-04-2005, 09:26 PM
hi Ferrari
Im not really sure what you mean by frecles. It may be a pigeon blood and they have what is called peppering. Black specks. This is normal. A lighter color backround will help lessen the peppering.
HTH
Earl

RyanH
12-04-2005, 09:40 PM
Earl is right. You're probably just seeing the peppering of a pigeon-based Discus. The pepper is the equivalent of stress bars on other Discus and will show up when the fish is stressed, pissed, or scared.

Since they've recently been moved, they are all of the above. Hence, the peppering. :)

nacra99
12-05-2005, 10:35 PM
HI ferrari!

Like Ryan said, the orange / red discus is proabably pigeon-blood (PB) based, hence the peppering. The blue one should not have PB genes, so you probably won't find freckles on the blue one.

A light colored aquarium background might help diminish the peppering.