PDA

View Full Version : Identification please

steve.ryall
12-12-2005, 04:50 PM
Hello Simply Discus members,

I seem to be spending all of my free time reading your articals and comments. You all give me so many great ideas, but there are only so many things you can do to your own tank. I am amazed to see some of the great fish some of you have, what a joy to breed such fantastic fish.

Anyway I digress,
Is there any chance you lot might be able to tell me exactly what you think I have in my tank, I know that I have 4 Blue Diamonds, but the others are more of a mystery, cant quite nail the strains, any feedback would be great.
I will start with a few pics of my setup, 90gall(300litre) tank, planted, then the fish for ID. Hope you like it.

Steve

steve.ryall
12-12-2005, 04:51 PM
another

steve.ryall
12-12-2005, 04:52 PM
another 1

Ryan
12-12-2005, 04:53 PM
The two yellow/orange fish are pigeon bloods.

The two striated fish appear to be red turquoise discus, or something similar. These are recognized by their deep red background color and their full irridescent blue patterning throughout the fins, face, and body.

One of the fish appears to lean more toward "turquoise" than "red turquoise" because of the lack of reddish color in the fish (although it may be lighting/angle).

Ryan

steve.ryall
12-12-2005, 04:53 PM
another2

steve.ryall
12-12-2005, 04:57 PM
Thanks Ryan, I love the Reds' thanks for the swife reply. I am looking for a couple of Leopards to finish off my collection, any knowledge of breeders in the UK?

The one you mentioned is slightly more blue/green, and the background colour is lighter I must say, but I love them all

Would you say the big photo of the Pigeon Blood is male or female?

pcsb23
12-13-2005, 01:32 PM
Steve,

Try Discus South, Paul and Ange are brilliant, if they don't have anything they may be able to point you in thhe right direction, they do mail order too, but Yeovil isn't too far away, they are near Southampton.

www.discus-south.co.uk or com should find them.

Paul (no I'm not the Paul above and I've no interest in their business, they are just good)

jim_shedden
12-13-2005, 04:04 PM
Wlecome to Simply Steve

Jim

steve.ryall
12-14-2005, 05:27 AM
Thanks pcsb23 for that I will look asap, and thanks to you Jim for your words of welcome, its great to be in a place where we all have such a great hobby and are willing to share information.