PDA

View Full Version : WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Jarrod
12-19-2005, 09:30 PM
LOL...lol...ok I want some cheese with this whine...lol...went down to lfs today..was gonna get my new 55 they had sittin in back...I should have put some kind of money down on it to hold it buuuutttttttttt had to wait for a check to come in so I could buy it outright and bring it home...:mad: when I went in and looked it was gone...grrrrrrrrrrrrr...price on it was pretty decent...was like 70 bux with the lite!...sigh...so now I gotta go back to scroungin in the nickel nick ads and see if I can MAYBE find something comperable...hmmmmmmmm maybe I should raise my sights on size and go with something like a 70...LOL..there's another bigger place down here that has some bigger tanks...guess I'll have to go in and take another look around...they do have alot of fish there..in fact it's only lfs that has any discus at all..not that I'm gonna buy any of their discus...thats at least ONE thing I've learned here...to buy from a reputable breeder and I've found a couple that I seriously plan on doing business witth...imagine that.. buying from sponsors of Simply!! Soooooo..now I have to play the waiting game yet once again to get my setup and all...guess I was a bad boy or something this year...lol...seems like it's gonna be a lump of coal in my stocking:cry: Oh well it'll all eventually get to be where I want me to be..sorry about the whinin jag here but had to let it out a bit...to at least to someone that knows what it's like to want to be able to get something going...Have a very MERRY Christmas everyone!!
Jarrod

Discus_KC
12-19-2005, 10:23 PM
Sounds like you have been biten by the bug !!!!

Way to go !!!

Jack

Kap
12-19-2005, 10:25 PM
And a Merry Christmas to you, too, Jarrod. What a bummer to build up all that excitment and then be let down like that. Another, even better option will come your way, I believe!

White Worm
12-19-2005, 10:42 PM
Keep looking jarrod, craigslist is always selling,,, you just have to be in the right place at the right time. Someone will be selling to get some money for the holidays. Start going to some garage sales,,,,you would be surprised at the deals you can make and the things people sell for dirt cheap. Someone was giving away a 100g tank that just needed some cleaning and a little TLC, just missed it,,,,,GGGGRRRRRRRRR. Timing is everything!!! MIke
Happy Holidays!!

Jarrod
12-19-2005, 10:42 PM
Sounds like you have been biten by the bug !!!!

Way to go !!!

Jack

:) Well Jack all I can say is yep and I'm just glad that when I stick my tingers into the tanks they don't get bitten off...lol But ya know...this kind of bug is so welcome to me...got to admit that frustration sets in but it passes...kinda like a flash of lightening.....hmmm there's a good name for a new strain lol

Jarrod

Jarrod
12-19-2005, 11:09 PM
And a Merry Christmas to you, too, Jarrod. What a bummer to build up all that excitment and then be let down like that. Another, even better option will come your way, I believe!

It's a bummer that I have to admit...but just maybe it wasn't meant to be....but on the other hand I WILL prevail...:D of this I have no doubts...thanks Kap

Jarrod

Jarrod
12-19-2005, 11:13 PM
Keep looking jarrod, craigslist is always selling,,, you just have to be in the right place at the right time. Someone will be selling to get some money for the holidays. Start going to some garage sales,,,,you would be surprised at the deals you can make and the things people sell for dirt cheap. Someone was giving away a 100g tank that just needed some cleaning and a little TLC, just missed it,,,,,GGGGRRRRRRRRR. Timing is everything!!! MIke
Happy Holidays!!

Mike ... trust me on this one..I'm not gonna quit lookin till I finally get what it is I want or need to pursue this dream I'm starting to have! Some days I think I'm from another planet :alien:

Jarrod

CAGE-RATTLER
12-20-2005, 01:09 AM
Keep at it jarrod .......... there are alot of great deals out there.

ebay is definately a good source.

Just search for aquariums and then narrow your search down to within 50, 75 or 100 miles from your zip code. No one will ship the tanks so if not many in your area are looking for tanks .......... you can get some great deals.
There was a guy about 45 miles from me that had a 55 with stand, hood & lights , filter, decorations and even the fish in it. He started the bid at $1.00 and was getting all kinda questions on it and he kept saying .......... just come and take it ............. i just want it outta here .... lol.
I messaged him and said i' would come and get it tonight .......... but he ended the auction already and must have given it to someone else.

Craiglist is also a great place like someone mentioned.

I put an add in Craiglist in my area:

"I BUY AQUARIUMS 29 Gallons & Larger"

Well today i got an email from a lady with a 55 w/ stand hood & lights and she said she wanted to sell it and im picking it up tomnorrow for $50.
Its been in storage a couple years but it sounds like its in perfect condition.

Now that im thinking about it .............. since its been setting for awhile ......... will i have to re-seal it? Or can they sit and not hurt anything?

By the way .......... you can get a brand new 55 with hood & lights at Petsmart for $109 ........... at least in my area you can.

Mack
12-20-2005, 01:40 AM
If you want a new tank and your looking at a 55g, look at Wal-Mart. They were selling one on sale down here with the full-hood, heater, filter, and other stuff(you probably wouldn't use) for $100...
Joe

White Worm
12-20-2005, 02:20 AM
Hey Jarrod, you are definately not alone

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_31_2.gif

Welcome to planet DISCUS

Jarrod
12-20-2005, 06:27 AM
Keep at it jarrod .......... there are alot of great deals out there.

ebay is definately a good source.

Just search for aquariums and then narrow your search down to within 50, 75 or 100 miles from your zip code. No one will ship the tanks so if not many in your area are looking for tanks .......... you can get some great deals.
There was a guy about 45 miles from me that had a 55 with stand, hood & lights , filter, decorations and even the fish in it. He started the bid at $1.00 and was getting all kinda questions on it and he kept saying .......... just come and take it ............. i just want it outta here .... lol.
I messaged him and said i' would come and get it tonight .......... but he ended the auction already and must have given it to someone else.

Craiglist is also a great place like someone mentioned.

I put an add in Craiglist in my area:

"I BUY AQUARIUMS 29 Gallons & Larger"

Well today i got an email from a lady with a 55 w/ stand hood & lights and she said she wanted to sell it and im picking it up tomnorrow for $50.
Its been in storage a couple years but it sounds like its in perfect condition.

Now that im thinking about it .............. since its been setting for awhile ......... will i have to re-seal it? Or can they sit and not hurt anything?

By the way .......... you can get a brand new 55 with hood & lights at Petsmart for $109 ........... at least in my area you can.
Cage...thats a good deal ya go!! I've looked on ebay and did the search thingy and didn't have any luck...I was at Petsmart here a while back and they were out of 55's so I'll have to keep looking...I keep checking craiglist but never anything listed in or around Medford...maybe I'll put an ad on there like you did and see what comes of it...thanks! As for the tank if it's been in storage and not exposed to sunlight full time it should be ok.... the silicone used to seal them is pretty durable. :antlers:
Jarrod

Jarrod
12-20-2005, 06:57 AM
If you want a new tank and your looking at a 55g, look at Wal-Mart. They were selling one on sale down here with the full-hood, heater, filter, and other stuff(you probably wouldn't use) for $100...
Joe
Hmmmmmmmm...guess a trip to Wally World is in order...last time I was in one they had a 55 kit setup for like 200 bux or so..but that was before the discus bug bit me like it did...lol Thanks Joe...I will go in and check it out!:)

Jarrod

Jarrod
12-20-2005, 07:04 AM
Hey Jarrod, you are definately not alone

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_31_2.gif

Welcome to planet DISCUS

LOL...thanks Mike...at least I know I'm in greatr company on here lmao!!

Jarrod
:hat: