PDA

View Full Version : Which way do you feed BBS?

Greg Richardson
12-21-2005, 12:01 PM
They have been free swimming for 7 days now. Tried last night and this morning to feed BBS. Didn't see any action.

Do I need to lower water?

They just not ready yet?

Want them to get good growth start.

Danse
12-21-2005, 12:10 PM
I wold not worry, just try to put the BBS as close to the fry as possible.

You will find some will try this new food and love it, and the others will soon join in.

Just keep trying for a few days, they should catch on.

Jason
12-21-2005, 12:42 PM
get a long pipette or turkey baster and squirt the bbs right onto the parent's backs while they are side feeding. Start with a tiny amount, one will start eating it then another and another...use their bellies as a indication of how much they can eat, as more and more frys take the bbs their bellies will turn orange, use that as an indicater for increasing the amount of bbs you hatch and feed.

kaceyo
12-21-2005, 03:20 PM
Good job Greg. Your past the criticle 3-4 day point and heading into the realm of a succesful breeder. I take it you decided to stick with the first spawn? Or did you split the parents up to raise both? Keep up the good work.

Kacey

Greg Richardson
12-21-2005, 05:21 PM
Thanks Danse. I get paranoid. LOL!

Jason. Turn orange. Ahhhhhh. Okay, great.

Kayce. I decided to post instead of bugging you. LOL!
Yes, yesterday morning I ran around here as fast as I could setting up another tank. Now I'm surrounded by tanks at my computer.
They doing good with Dad.

But, I think if I had left Dad with the other hatch I'd be better off now.
She ate the eggs about hour ago when I was gone. GRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

We had talked about the fact she needed more practice.
So I decided to give it to her so I guess that's part of the game.
Just disapointing. She looks very confused now.

I hope I can get these babies on their own before she ready again and put Dad back. I do have a huge red melon in another tank I could try with her.
I know he is a rookie though.