PDA

View Full Version : spirulina With Discus food.

ahmad
12-25-2005, 06:54 AM
Hi all

Any One have Any Idea Abut spirulina and how we can useing or mixing the spirulina with Discus fish to growing up so fast.

Ahmad

Tony_S
12-25-2005, 07:21 AM
I used to have really good results with spirulina flake made by Ginger Aquatics. In fact, Ive raised entire spawns up to about 2" on NOTHING BUT Ginger's spirulina (experiment). Tried other brands....but the discus never really liked them....so I always ended up mixing them with beef heart. Its not a NECESSARY part of thier diet...but a smart addition IMO.
If you want to put it in your beefheart mixture, you can also buy spirulina powder from a healthfood store...

Tony

ahmad
12-25-2005, 07:54 AM
Thank you for your advice.

Are you mean healthfood like GNC shop?
Bec I find one product in amazon shop. ( Spirulina Powder, 16 oz ) you can see this product and gime me your advice before i buy one.

Thanks

Ahmad

I used to have really good results with spirulina flake made by Ginger Aquatics. In fact, Ive raised entire spawns up to about 2" on NOTHING BUT Ginger's spirulina (experiment). Tried other brands....but the discus never really liked them....so I always ended up mixing them with beef heart. Its not a NECESSARY part of thier diet...but a smart addition IMO.
If you want to put it in your beefheart mixture, you can also buy spirulina powder from a healthfood store...

Tony

Dkarc@Aol.com
12-25-2005, 09:43 PM
I mix in spirulina powder in all my beef heart mixes. Usually around a teaspoon or so per pound...you want the food to take on a slightly green tinge to it. Works very well for the health and growth of discus.

-Ryan

Tony_S
12-26-2005, 08:27 AM
Are you mean healthfood like GNC shop?

Yes, GNC is where I used to get it from...

Tony

ahmad
12-26-2005, 08:40 AM
Yes, GNC is where I used to get it from...

Tony

Thank you very much.

Ahmad