PDA

View Full Version : separating two females

cobaltblue
12-28-2005, 02:33 AM
Ok, my two discus that paired off layed eggs again. Its been about a week since the last clutch. The eggs go white almost right away, no fungus, just white. I checked closely this time, and i am almost positive now i have two females. What is the best course of action here. Should i put both of them back into my community tank or would it be best to put only one in there, and add a male to the breeding tank. If i put both back in the community tank, would they both not stay a pair. Or could i add a third fish to the pair of females...Greg, didnt you have a situation with a threesome a while ago. I will have to look back in the archives. Anyway, any advice here? Thanks.

Greg Richardson
12-28-2005, 02:49 AM
That was Mark with that British threesome going on.
Haven't seen him post in a while maybe this brings him out? LOL!

Do u have a male u know for sure?

Might try putting him in there and see what happens.
I'd though do it when I know I'm going to be home in case of trouble.

Otherwise throw them back in other tank and see if you can get paired up right way this time.

Good news is u know u got a female ready to go!

Just a matter of time for u now.

cobaltblue
12-28-2005, 02:57 AM
Thanks Greg. The funny thing is i have three different fish laying eggs, and i still have no idea if any of my fish are males. Also, other than the 2 females i have in the breeding tank, all my other fish are under 8 months old, so they may be too young to get it right...Thanks for the advice.

Kenny's Discus
12-28-2005, 03:14 AM
Chris - I had a "lesbian" pair b4 so I put them back into the community tank and they paired off again right away. In my case I had to separate them and make sure they are not within miles of each other if you know what I mean. LOL

They were just not interested in any of my other males but that's just my experience. Hope this helps.

Kenny

Greg Richardson
12-28-2005, 03:27 AM
Chris. WOW! You got music piped into the tank or something?

If they all go at once u be busy or have to make some tough choices.

Under 8 months that is great.