PDA

View Full Version : Frozen Beefheart plus by San francisco bay brand

discus2010
01-05-2006, 12:21 AM
Had anyone tried this beef heart mix by san Francisco bay its called Beefheart plus and its "vitamin fortified"
The complete list of ingrediants are:
Beefheart, Artemia Franciscana, Daphnia, menhaden oil, astaxanthin, sodium alginate, spirulina, Vitamin premix: wheat flour, Vitamin A acetate, cholecalciferol (source of vitamin D3), vitamin B12 supplement, riboflavin, niacin, calcium pantothenate, folic acid, menadione sodium bisulfate complex, pyridoxine hydrochloride, thiamine mononitrate, biotin, inositol, L-ascorbyl-2-polyphosphate, betaine, d-alpha mixed tocopherols (source of vitamin E)

Skip
09-22-2010, 12:28 PM
i just started using it yesterday.. i was using just BEEFHEART.. i got 6 Packs!! i hope it works better! :angel:

jduboscarf
09-22-2010, 02:53 PM
My fish like it but I have to dissolve it first. It'll sink and then they just fight over it :argue: but if I dissolve they scavenge for it. It did take about 3 days for them to like it. I was trying to teach them to eat flakes, so I fed flakes in the am and bh, frzn bldwm and fd brine at night. They never took to the flakes but they started eating everything else.

I have tricked them into eating flakes by making my own seafood mix and blending the flakes into it.

Skip
09-22-2010, 02:56 PM
I have tricked them into eating flakes by making my own seafood mix and blending the flakes into it.

my juvie fry love it!! and yea.. i disolve it first.. i haven't try it with my teenage Juvies, they can be more tough!!

but i haven't tried a seafood mix.... yet..!! i want to.. thats next on list, when i have more time..:D

AirCapital
09-22-2010, 05:12 PM
bang me in the head if I am wrong but I used some frozen beefheart from the lfs that came in cubes and on the back it said it was 80% water:confused:
and I thought to myself thats some dang pricey water. what is the water content on the stuff you guys got maybe I would buy again if its lower%

Skip
09-22-2010, 05:22 PM
bang me in the head if I am wrong but I used some frozen beefheart from the lfs that came in cubes and on the back it said it was 80% water:confused:
and I thought to myself thats some dang pricey water. what is the water content on the stuff you guys got maybe I would buy again if its lower%

this is from their website... i got it cuz the breeder i bought them from swears by it.. and it was what he was feeding them when i got them...

Beefheart Plus
Our special formula developed for medium to large carnivores. This diet promotes rapid growth and color enhancement and is an excellent protein source for top level carnivores.

All Freshwater Angels, Discus, Tetras, Cichlids, Gouramis, Loaches, Eels, Catfish, Sharks, Silver Dollars.

Beefheart, Artemia Franciscana, Daphnia, menhaden oil, astaxanthin, sodium alginate, spirulina, Vitamin premix: wheat flour, Vitamin A acetate, cholecalciferol (source of vitamin D3), vitamin B12 supplement, riboflavin, niacin, calcium pantothenate, folic acid, menadione sodium bisulfate complex, pyridoxine hydrochloride, thiamine mononitrate, biotin, inositol, L-ascorbyl-2-polyphosphate, betaine, d-alpha mixed tocopherols (source of vitamin E)

Crude Protein Min 8.10%
Crude Fat Min 0.71%
Crude Fiber Max 0.00%
Moisture Max 88.80%
Dry Protein % 72.32%

3.5 oz Cube
sku # 54085

MrYin
09-25-2010, 09:21 AM
just a suggestion.....you could mix up your own bh. the grinder at harbor frieght is only 50 bucks and it works great. money wise its smart. i made 14lbs for 100 bucks including the grinder. beats paying 5 bucks for 3.5 oz. ;)

Eddie
09-26-2010, 07:01 PM
Yup, making your own is million times better and more cost effective.

Skip
09-29-2010, 08:40 PM
i want to make some mixes.. just haven't got food processor from sister.. : ))