PDA

View Full Version : Pictures Finally!!

Kindredspirit
01-07-2006, 02:28 PM
Okay guys~

I think I may have improved my picture taking... a little. Thank to JM, Dan, and some that have given me tips! Some may even look like JM, or Angie, or Amber, took them! I doubt it, but one can always wish~

Marie~

I never know what picture is going to upload next....So I edit it...anyways... these are my discus from Dan! That I won! Cuz I was an Angel...

chinoz
01-07-2006, 02:29 PM
very nice....congrats..you sure cant go wrong with Dan

Kindredspirit
01-07-2006, 02:34 PM
You are right... You can not go wrong with this man~

Oh, guys... these are my other 55gal... I wanted to show them too.. So, my new ones from Dan will be mixed in there! I do apologize!

Kindredspirit
01-07-2006, 02:36 PM
And.... these are my new ones!! Now... I have forgotten what these are.. So Dan, pop on over and set me straight...I know that one is the GoldenXAlbino... there are three of them ... I love them!! They are sooooooo round! These others are ....Pigeon....anyways, there tails, are blue!! Very cool~

Kindredspirit
01-07-2006, 02:39 PM
More... That odd one out there, is my favorite of all of them!! He is a Highbodied Snakeskin~ I think he is the biggest of all ten!

Kindredspirit
01-07-2006, 02:41 PM
con't.... See how blue??? I love that Dan!!

White Worm
01-07-2006, 02:42 PM
Very nice,,, Mrs pringles looks well these days. They all look great Marie,,you have definately got this discus thing going good. Congrats!

Kindredspirit
01-07-2006, 02:43 PM
and...number 7~

Kindredspirit
01-07-2006, 02:45 PM
Wasnt that pretty good down there!! I was proud of that one dayumit!

This pic here is of my 30gal.. that one is from AB...We have two of them.. and they are my favorite ! They are getting very round, finally~

CAGE-RATTLER
01-07-2006, 02:47 PM
Very nice marie!!

But i dont believe pigeons have bars do they??

Kindredspirit
01-07-2006, 02:49 PM
hmm... okay okay, Cage... Let me find my notes from Dan...lol...

See these... GoldenXAlbino...look how round??
Marie has a round discus, guys! How cool is that?? Thjere are three of them and I love them~

Ryan
01-07-2006, 02:52 PM
Marie,

From the pics your new babies look nice and round. Post updated pictures once they finally get settled with their fins held high and I bet they look even nicer.

Ryan

Kenny's Discus
01-07-2006, 02:53 PM
Nice fish Marie. Keep up with WC's and good food and you'll have a handful when they grow up!

Kenny

Kindredspirit
01-07-2006, 03:01 PM
I can not find them! Dan come smack me...lol! I told you to mark those bags, brat~ There are some that will eat this one up...So, No... Marie does not know what kind of discus the striped ( stripped.. you can spell that word either way, did ya know that? wow )ones are! But I love them!

Well, a variety here...these are from my estabished 55gal.. LOOKIE, JM... not bad eh??

Kindredspirit
01-07-2006, 03:03 PM
and... oh.. the bags!

I left them in there for all of 30 secs.. i couldnt take it!

Kindredspirit
01-07-2006, 03:12 PM
more... this guy is so growing.. he is......one of the ones AB gave us... i really do love him ~

Kindredspirit
01-07-2006, 03:14 PM
moving along~

Ms. Splotches... the most friendly fish in the whole world!

Kindredspirit
01-07-2006, 03:17 PM
I am looking for a really nice one I took~

Thatz it! Now isnt that a great picture??

I am so done guys! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_11_59.gif

I need to thank you guys for allowing me to get these discus...If you had not voted for me... and took care of shipping...well... I am a very lucky lady~

Marie~

RyanH
01-07-2006, 03:20 PM
They look like they're settling in nicely. Great job Marie! :thumbsup:

cobaltblue
01-07-2006, 03:36 PM
Wow Marie, you have quite the awesome collection of fine fish now. Congrats. And yes, your picture taking skills have improved 100%!! THose are great pictures.

Those barred youngsters look alot like my cobalts when they were young. Im just guessing, as its hard to tell so young. I look forward to seeing them when they get a bit bigger and colours start showing up. Those golden albinos look great, and i really love your blue hifin ss also.

ps. Still waiting for the master smilie teacher to do her thing.

Chrisb
01-07-2006, 04:01 PM
Marie

Congrats on your new fish. You are very luckey to get such nice fish.
Good luck:)

Chris

Timbo
01-07-2006, 04:05 PM
That odd one out there, is my favorite of all of them!!

that one is from AB...We have two of them.. and they are my favorite !

GoldenXAlbino... there are three of them ... I love them!!

one of the ones AB gave us... i really do love him ~

wow )ones are! But I love them!

How cool is that?? Thjere are three of them and I love them~

Marie, so do you like them or what? its kinda tough to tell..lol

thanks for posting your pics, have fun with the kids!

JMArtist
01-07-2006, 05:37 PM
MARIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Those are absolutely fantastic looking fish you got there!!!
Your photography skills are improved greatly, all the pictures look wonderful.
Tanks look nice and clean, fish look well cared for and very healthy.
Congratulations!
Keep us Posted with more pictures as they grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow and grow....

tpl*co
01-07-2006, 05:41 PM
Wow, Marie, Congratulations on your new brood! I'm glad to see that the stand fit too ;).

Take care
Tina

Ryan
01-07-2006, 05:42 PM
Hi Marie,

Based on what Dan said he sent you, here's what your fish are...

Albino X Golden are the brown fish with the bars. They do not look like albinos because the albino gene is a recessive one. That means if you breed two of these fish together, you will get some albinos. But in this generation they probably do not show the albino traits (lack of black pigment in the eyes and bars, etc.).

The high bodied blue snakeskin is easy enough to pick out, he's the only blue fish you have :)

And the pigeon snakeskins are the golden/yellow colored fish with the white markings.

Dan, if I'm wrong, please chime in. lol.

Ryan

Terrybo
01-07-2006, 06:37 PM
Marie - Your photography skills are really improving! I got two of the gold pigeon snakes from Dan, (although I had to pay for mine). :p (One is posted in the photo section). I love how round they are! It will be fun to see how they color up.

Terry

candyl70
01-07-2006, 07:06 PM
Awesome fish Marie!!! Wow! They are all so round. Dan, you are really kind to have given our angel such fine fish!

Congrats!!!:thumbsup: :grin:

Candy

no cool smilies on this comp. lol

sidra
01-07-2006, 08:03 PM
Congratulations, Marie. Those are some nice discus. Your tanks look great. And there's nothing as fun as getting some new babies and watching them grow. Enjoy them!

Kristen

April
01-07-2006, 08:49 PM
very nice fishies marie. and great pics. its a learning process to take pics of fish. your doing great.

GulfCoastDiscus
01-07-2006, 10:13 PM
:)
Hi Marie,

Based on what Dan said he sent you, here's what your fish are...

Albino X Golden are the brown fish with the bars. They do not look like albinos because the albino gene is a recessive one. That means if you breed two of these fish together, you will get some albinos. But in this generation they probably do not show the albino traits (lack of black pigment in the eyes and bars, etc.).

The high bodied blue snakeskin is easy enough to pick out, he's the only blue fish you have :)

And the pigeon snakeskins are the golden/yellow colored fish with the white markings.

Dan, if I'm wrong, please chime in. lol.

Ryan

Ryan, You're absolutely right.:)

Marie, they look like they got a little bit burned on the fins. Check the ammonia in the tank. Keep the salt and they should look completely better in three to five days.

dan

Barb Newell
01-07-2006, 10:51 PM
Very nice fish Marie!! Congratulations.

Ms. Splotches is beautiful!!!

Dan:thumbsup: you sure sent Marie some nice looking discus.

Barb

justafishguy
01-08-2006, 12:48 AM
Fish look very nice. You have quiet the crew now.

Kindredspirit
01-08-2006, 07:59 AM
Dan~

Thanks for the heads up! I am glad you called me... I would never have noticed that in a million years!http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_32_9.gif

Ryan...I knew you were right, Sir. I told this to Al once..now you can have it too! lol..

I may not always be right, but I am never wrong~ My mom used to say that! I hated it, cuz it never made sense as a child! lol!!

Thanks everyone~

Everytime I walk into my living room, we just love it! The tank is so nice there, as the rest are in our office~

Marie~

Jarrod
01-09-2006, 07:03 PM
Yo Marie!! The tanks and the babies look great!!! Ya did a nice job on the pics and everything...congrats!:balloon: :balloon: :balloon:

Jarrod

jim_shedden
01-09-2006, 08:36 PM
Looking real good.............congrats.
But Ms. Sploches is the ugliest looking discus I have ever seen.:)

Jim

Kindredspirit
01-09-2006, 09:15 PM
aww...Jim.. you really think she is ugly?? I just realized that the heater wasnt working in her tank....cuz NuNu.. my eel, was lying right on top of the heater...peculiar.....so i checked it out...and it was toast! Well, actually it wasnt! lol!!

I hope they will be okay....the temp was 69...I put a new heater in just now~

umm....I just re-read your post...I get it I get it...http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_4_119.gif

lol!!

M~

Alight
01-11-2006, 12:51 AM
Very nice fish, and nice tanks. You now have many more fish than I have (except for all of the babies I have) or want!

I was looking at the pictures for clues to your cloudiness problem. I can only see one possibility. The prefilters I could see were pretty coarse pre-filters. These will probably let small particles go into your main filter. I'd rinse out the media in the main filters and see how much stickly junk is in them. Also, I'd add some sponge filters to the tanks that I didn't see any in. While these won't be cycled to start with, and people say they don't do much for mechanical filtration, I've found they actually do a pretty good job on the very fine stuff that makes water cloudy. Eventually, they'll add to your collection of movable biofilters.

Kindredspirit
01-11-2006, 12:02 PM
Al~http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/12/12_7_23.gif

I use the Fluval blue Sponges over the intake...Idea from Carol..and last night I did look in the filter on the back of the 55gal, that is cloudy....and there wasnt much in there at all~I was surprised...AND, I cut down my money tree, to a stub, and bought another filter for the 55...

I am trying a few steps of processing of emlination on both tanks with a Very Wise Gentleman....and we shall see~

The 55 looks better this morning, but the 35, not at all! I do have two Hydro Sponges in the tanks....I have everything possible in the tanks....incl A Touch Of England~ More like a Fist!

Oh, and I have 22discus! 22, Al ...omg~

Marie~

Kenny's Discus
01-11-2006, 12:27 PM
Marie - do you happen to have the same filtration setup in your 35g as in your 55g? In other words, do you also have Hydro Sponge(s) AND Aquaclear(HOB) in the 35g?

Kenny

Kindredspirit
01-11-2006, 09:45 PM
Hey Kenny~

In my 35gal I do have a Hydro Sponge and a HOB, Top Fin 60....No.. no Aquaclear....I so can not buy another at this time~

I am so going to work on this tank tonight, Kenny! It is driving me up that proverbial wall! I am going to look in it and put exactly what we put in the 55gal and do the same thing....I have had man..lol!! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/8/8_4_54.gif but that 55gal.... Never has looked this good, K~call me if you get a chance~

Marie~

KIWI13
01-15-2006, 12:23 PM
Your a damn lucky person marie... I love those fish you got..
You have come a long way in a few months, my hats off to you.
Grow em up, breed em and send me some

Jas:)

Kindredspirit
01-16-2006, 10:03 AM
Hey Brat~ http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_30_8.gif

Gosh Jason....It is good to see you back! Really. Have we seen pictures of the ones you just got?

I have come a long way , you would think I would have it all down...You don't even wanna know how many tanks I have now!

Marie~

hexed
01-20-2006, 01:45 AM
Congrats Marie! And I was a part of it and it put a very big smile on your face! My job is done ;)
LOL! Nice pics, nice discus!
Frank