PDA

View Full Version : Critique 3 of 5 fish

Fresh Fish
01-07-2006, 02:33 PM
Hey guys, I have had these guys since sept. there doing good, almost doubled thier size. there in a 120 gal with 6 cories. I feed 3 times a day, bloodworms, beefheart, colorbits, a little flake, and freeze dried tubifex, man they love the tubifex, jsut go nuts when i add a cube, its funny. but yea, some criticue on them would be great, i know ther enot perfect, as i only paid 20$ each. thanks. oh and proper names would be great too. there is these 3 and another red one and ablue diamond, but none of the pics i took came out to well so post them later if i have time. FF

Fresh Fish
01-07-2006, 02:34 PM
another, is this a yellow pigeon blood??

Fresh Fish
01-07-2006, 02:34 PM
and a Mar red????

discus2010
01-07-2006, 06:19 PM
In my opinion would be that the red marlboro would be a red melon? I have pair of red melons and they look like that one. I believe someone will correct me if I'm wrong that marlboros have black fins???? So i would see what someone else says

Green Country Discus
01-07-2006, 07:31 PM
Thanks for posting Fresh Fish. # 1 is that you are enjoying your Discus and learning how to keep them healthy and growing. How big are they and where did you get them? As far as ID on them, #1, you will have to wait until some color shows. #2 Pigeon Blood and #3 Maroboro Red. Learn all you can from these, as far as keeping them growing and healthy. Criticue: They are not show quality Discus by anyones standards. Look at the pictures in the photo gallery for quality Discus. It takes some looking and learning to train ones eye to a quality Discus. Keep up the good work.

Fresh Fish
01-07-2006, 08:03 PM
Thanks guys, yes this is my first batch of discus, got sick of the angels, so got some discus, the lagest one is the marb red, and he is about 3 in body size, and growin really good, the other marb is a little slower. the pigeon is growing good also he would be almost 3 in, and the others are arounf the same size. these guys came from edmonton alberta, place called aquagiant. chinese owners, so all fish come from china. they are all and were really healthy to start with, no white feces or anything. im not after show quality fish, i just love discus and there good to start with, inexpensive also so if i screw them up, its not that big a deal. thanks again. FF

candyl70
01-07-2006, 08:23 PM
FF,
I like the shape of your Marlboro.. nice and round. I think the peppering is a trait that would exclude them from being show quality.( I'm not sure what else to look for but nice shape and coloring. :P) But like you said, you don't want show quality. I think they are nice. How long have you had those guys? Were they pretty small? Are they in a planted tank? If they aren't you can feed more than 3x and you will see them grow faster. :D

Candy