PDA

View Full Version : Water Change question

goheel
01-08-2006, 01:10 PM
I've been doing WC everyday. I've had my fish for 6 weeks now and they're still skittish. My question is that does doing WC daily make the fish skittish? Should I change my WC schedule?

Willie
01-08-2006, 01:26 PM
W/C's do not make discus skittish. I would suggest adding some dither fish to calm them down: cories, rams, tetras, etc. Another discus (after quarantine) would also be acceptable.

Willie

goheel
01-08-2006, 01:32 PM
I was afraid that the splashing of water when I pour it in makes the discus skittish. Guess not.

Timbo
01-08-2006, 02:11 PM
not if you do it everyday, they get used to it, as long as all the parameters are good.

feed them a small treat, just after or even during the wc...wont take long

Elcid
01-08-2006, 02:30 PM
There's not enough info to answer ur question IMO. How much water are you changing? DO you age ur water and match temp, remove chlorine/chloramine? How big are the fish? What size tank? What kinda filtration? Are the discus healthy, eating and swimming around normally when ur not changing the water?

goheel
01-08-2006, 04:44 PM
My tank is 30 gallon, i got four 3 inch fish in there. I change 5 gallon daily, sometimes more. I use biowheel filtration, the fish are usually swimming around and eating like crazy. Water temperature has been around 88.