PDA

View Full Version : EMERGENGY!! BUBBLE LIKE CYSTS ON FINS!!

Minh K
01-10-2006, 12:05 AM
Preapring the hospital tank as I type this thread. I have read that it can be a from of lymphocystus or somthing like that. It says it is incurable and if it pops the spores would spread... Im am going to quarantine her unti furter notice... please respond quick!

DISEASE QUESTIONNAIRE

Problem

1. Please explain the problems with your fish/when and how they started

Bubble like cyst on body and fins... Lowered appetite and actions.

2. Symptoms (i.e. turning dark, excess slime, not eating, clamped fins, flashing, darting, clamped gills, white/yellow/green poop, hiding, headstanding or tailstanding, white on tips of fins, rotting or fungus, blisters/ white zits on fish, bloated, cloudy eyes, wounds)

see above

3. What medications/ treatments that you have already tried and results. Include dosages and duration of treatment.

currently hospitalizing in another tank with warmer water and salt

Tank/Water

4. Tank size and age, number and size of fish

75 gallon, 8 discus around 4-5 inches.

5. Water change regime/ how long has tank been running/ bare bottom or gravel/ do you age your water?

Bare bottom, 2 30% changes each week. I have aged and resin softened water.

6 Parameters and water source;

- temp 86

- ph 6.8

- ammonia reading 0.0

- nitrite reading 0.0

- nitrate reading n/a

- well water n/a

- municipal water ____

7. Any new fish/plants added recently

about 3 weeks ago.

satty
01-10-2006, 05:11 AM
Minh it would be very helpful if you could post the pictures of the fish with the lesion at a closer angle.

Minh K
01-10-2006, 08:00 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v152/dienkhuc/TAN1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v152/dienkhuc/TAN2.jpg

satty
01-11-2006, 02:18 AM
hey pal it looks quite ok to me not much of difference with the surrounding scales maybe iam wrong dont add any medicines as of now but do freqeunt water changes and observe the fish regularly and carefully

candyl70
01-11-2006, 05:46 PM
Hmm... anyone know what this could be??
It could be a tumor.. i really don't know. Hang tight though, someone will be along to help ya out!!!

Candy

pcsb23
01-11-2006, 06:04 PM
Minh, lymphocystus looks like little cauliflowers and this doesn't to me so I don't think it is that. You've done right by qt'ing it. I'd do as satty suggests at this time, up the temp a little say to 90f for a few days, regular daily 50% w/c with aged aerated heated water. Keep the tank clean, feed sparingly and clean uneaten food away after half an hour. Keep us posted.
Paul.

satty
01-14-2006, 09:07 AM
Hey Minh hows ur fish doing now?