PDA

View Full Version : First eggs in my tank.

KD
01-11-2006, 09:24 PM
Woke up to these the other morning from a pair I'd never thought. The two live on different sides of the tank.
My first eggs. My water parameters are not right for hatching though. Well it was exciting. They started picking the white ones off first then they wound up eating them all a few hours later.
Karen

KD
01-11-2006, 09:27 PM
I never got to see which was the male or female.
Well it was good to see the eggs.

Kenny's Discus
01-11-2006, 10:34 PM
Karen - congrats! It sure is exciting isn't it? BTW I have good water here for hatching so maybe I can breed them for you lol(j/k)

Have fun and hope you'll be able to see at least some wigglers down the road.

Take care,
Kenny

sidra
01-11-2006, 11:38 PM
Congrats! At least yours are smart enough to eat the white eggs first. Mine ate all the good eggs and guarded the fungused ones for another day until I removed them! LOL

I have no intention of trying to raise the fry either, but isn't it fun watching the parents care for the eggs and interact with each other. Wait until you get to watch them lay their eggs!

Have fun,
Kristen

KD
01-12-2006, 10:03 AM
Kenny,
Thanks!
Maybe you can send me some of your water- LOL! I can lug some from my Moms house and mix with mine. Maybe down the road.

Kristen,
Thanks!
I do hope I can watch them in the act next time- I'd love to know who is Mom and who is Dad.