PDA

View Full Version : Care for frys tank?

IMCL85
01-13-2006, 11:18 PM
Hi all:
I just got a few question for discus breeder. Not long ago I have my discus pair and every 2 weeks I would get a spawn of 20-40 frys would hatch and now I have arround 80 of them in a 65 gallon tank(which still dont seem to be enought for them :( there are 2 hydro sponge and a ac filter inside). I feed them bbs 4 times a day and a 60% water change is made every day with aged tape water. So far I dont have alot of problem as they all seems eating and healthy. The very first spawn now are arround 1"+ and the rest still small but dont seem to have many problem on getting their own bbs. And another 30 or so in my 10g with another spawn coming soon. I'm wouldn't be in Canada for another 2 monthes or so after the 18th of january which I have to leave my fry to my dad care. Altho I already give him a notebook of what he suppose to do every days but he seems always forget to add conditioner and feed only twice a days due to work :(. Not to mention water change would also be forget eventurally probably down to once every 3-4 days I just want some of u discus breeder how do u guys take care ur fry while u are aways and what would happen if water change and food are cut in half would the fry still grow normally or would they eventurally get sick or stunt?

Thx for looking
Jack

Glenn
01-13-2006, 11:56 PM
Jack this is the most important time for growing you may come home to not many fish but you can make more. what part of Canada are you going to be in if your in Vancouver give me a call so you can see some fish well your here, and if you want to you can do a WC or 2

Greg Richardson
01-14-2006, 12:09 AM
One option would be to buy an auto feeder. Not sure how many days you can get them for but at end of feed period you could call your Dad to remind him to re-fill it.

For the water conditioner is there any place where he is doing the WC where a reminder note could be he would always see?

IMCL85
01-14-2006, 11:35 PM
I live in Toronto, Yea I notice I might be force to phone him every day to ensure my fry's survival. But for now I'm more worry about my pair instead of the frys. Since fry can be produce again if I still have a good pair. I will see if my dad could keep this up else I might be force to keep the phone call up :(.