PDA

View Full Version : Universal Discus

Jarrod
01-14-2006, 11:27 AM
Has anyone dealt with Universal Discus in SF? Found their webite and looks like they have a very nice selction of strains listed. Anyone dealt ith them at all?
Thanks,
Jarrod

Elcid
01-14-2006, 12:01 PM
I have heard of them and if I remember correctly some have got very nice discus from them....But, it was a long time ago! Are they still in Business? I don't have any personal experience!

HTH
Sandeep

Greg Richardson
01-14-2006, 12:30 PM
This is who I'd go thru if I was going to SF.

http://www.cliffsdiscus.com/

I'd also call Carrol and see what she has.

mench
01-14-2006, 12:37 PM
I know lots of folks who have bought from Samson over the years..He might be a tad higher in price than others,but he has quality fish.At least from the ones that I have seen

Mench

lkleung007
01-14-2006, 01:06 PM
Hi Jarrod,

Let us know how you make out with Univeral Discus...He has some nice pics of Wilds on his website...not sure what he has available though.

Lester

Discus_KC
01-14-2006, 01:27 PM
I've bought from Samson in the past and was pleased with the fish. I had to give them away when I left for Iraq. I had bought some of his Maui Yellows.

Jack

Tad
01-14-2006, 01:51 PM
Samson moved out of San Francisco and now is in Antioch Ca. We visited him 2 BAD (Bay Area Discus) meetings ago/last summer and he has a hatchery in his converted garage....lots of nice fish IMO...

I would also contact Cliffsdiscus....Cliff offers some of the nicest home bred fish in the Bay Area and its worthwhile visiting him if all possible, Cliff also ships.

HTH,
Tad

tpl*co
01-14-2006, 07:43 PM
Yes, we visited him during a Bay Area Discus (BAD) meeting during the summer, nice guy and nice looking discus.

Tina

Elcid
01-14-2006, 07:50 PM
Hi Tad:

Who'd u get the Blue Covers from? How about some pics?

:p

Dave C
01-14-2006, 09:11 PM
I bought fish from Samson years ago... a couple of times. He's a great guy and easy to work with. Just take a look at his site, tell him what you're looking for, be as specific as you can and see if he has it.

Kindredspirit
01-15-2006, 11:13 AM
[CENTER]
Has anyone dealt with Universal Discus in SF? Found their webite and looks like they have a very nice selction of strains listed. Anyone dealt ith them at all?
Thanks,
Jarrod

Jarrod!

Candy and I got our babies from Cliff in the City and he had soooo many so we hand picked them!....and also there is Kenny ( loverboy ) in Daly City, a hop and skip away! Tad is right, I do not believe Universial is in the city anymore~

hth

Marie~http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_7_2.gif

sugio
01-15-2006, 10:18 PM
Jarrod,

Universal Discus is still in business out in Antioch, CA as Tad mentioned in his post. I visited Samson at Universal over the Christmas holidays. He has a nice setup in his garage and has quite a few breeding pairs. Has a ton of Angel Blue Diamonds that he is very proud of. I also saw a huge (120+ gallon) tank with a bunch of wilds that he had just received recently; not sure where they are from.

Anyway, I haven't bought any fish from him yet but he seems to be doing well with a good clientele. He spent a lot of time with me explaining his passion for the hobby and some of his discus care techniques.

sugio

sugio
01-15-2006, 10:21 PM
Yes, we visited him during a Bay Area Discus (BAD) meeting during the summer, nice guy and nice looking discus.

Tina

Hi Tina,

When and how often does the BAD group meet? I couldn't find any info on the net. Do you have any additional info? I would love to participate. Thanks.

sugio

jack SF
01-23-2006, 11:18 PM
i bought from universal back in 97. i lived a block away from him for 2 years.
good looking fish and he is helpful. jack