PDA

View Full Version : PH

K.Fawson
01-17-2006, 07:29 PM
What do you measure your PH with? Whats the most accurate? Whats the easiest?

April
01-17-2006, 07:43 PM
depends how much you want to spend. the test kits are fine..even if you just compare the colour in the tank with the water change water.
but..i got a hanna ph tester..and its great. so easy. made my life far easier. it was extremely useful to me when i was learning to keep fry alive. could see the errors of my way easier. lol. Cause fry are sensitive to adding water with the ph not close enough to their tank ph.
of course..alot of peoples ph is far more stable than mine if they have more minerals.
the main thing is..keep your parameters even..less adjusting..the less problems.

Carol_Roberts
01-18-2006, 12:19 AM
I use the Aquarium Pharmaceuticals test kit with the color charts and test tubes.

K.Fawson
01-18-2006, 01:28 AM
Thanks for your input, right now I just use mardel test strips and I was wondering if there was a more accurate way to test. Also I just want to test
my storage barrel and my tanks in a speedy way. Maybe I should look into the electronic devices? thanks again.

SSteino86
01-18-2006, 01:44 AM
I have found that a simple soil PH tester will give you a quite accurate reading quickly, and there are no chemicals, vials, or strips to deal with. I would read the back of the box to make sure they won't have issues coming in contact with water, but as soil often contains it, I would think it shouldn't be a problem.

They can be pricey though. I found mine at a garage sale for $10 :).

I've seen them going in stores anywhere from $30-$100 for the ones with all the bells and whistles...