PDA

View Full Version : Finnex heaters??

Doug A
01-21-2006, 01:10 AM
I was searching for different brands of heaters then what is normally offered (because most are junk.) and I came across a brand called Finnex.

Has anyone ever tried these?

I had a ViaAqua Titanium heater that worked perfectly for about 6 months and then.... it just stopped working http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_2_204v.gif

Doug

Dkarc@Aol.com
01-21-2006, 12:48 PM
I have tried their 800W heaters...they work pretty good, but after a while, the end plug in the heater (not the black bumper to keep it off the tank floor) came off and leaked some kind of metallic powder all in my tanks. Thank God I caught it just as it started to happen. I have also tried their 300W heaters...Same issue as with most heaters now a days, the controller doesnt want to work worth a crap. Mine didnt even get warm. IMO, you can find better else where...

-Ryan

etr63
01-21-2006, 08:58 PM
Hi Doug
I agree with Ryan on the "find better else where". My LFS switched to the finnex from the won heaters and I bought a 200 W for a 29 gal. It failed in about 2 months. The LFS gave me credit for it and I added a few dollars more to go up to the 300W. I have it in a 29 gal and even with it turned up all the way ( 92 on the dial ) I cant get it warmer than 88 in the tank. I have used the won heaters since I started in discus about 2 years ago and have had 1 out of three fail on me. I wish I could find a reliable titanium heater. I am in the process of setting up a fish room and dont know what to buy for heaters. I really want something with the external controls.
HTH
Earl