PDA

View Full Version : respected breeders plz give the ans.

thumbu
01-23-2006, 03:17 AM
HI ALL MY NAME IS USMAN AND A DESIGNER BUT MY HOBBY IS KEEPING LIVE FISHES. I HAVE SEVEN TANK EACH IS ABOVE 200 LITERS WATER. I HAVE 8 SEVERUM WITH NICE COLOUR, 10 TIGER BARBS ALBINO AND GREEN, 4 NOS 2.5" PIRANAHS AND VER NICE DISCUS 4 NOS 2 BIG SIZE 4" AND 2 SMALL 3". MY TWO ARE SURESHOT MALE AND FEMALE I JUST WANT TO KNOW THAT THEY CAN OR MAYBE BREED ON THERE OWN IF I LEAVE THEM ALONE IN THEIR TANK YES OR NO AND IF YES THEN HOW TO I HAVE TO DO A SETUP FOR THEM PLZ TELL ME ABOUT ALL IF POSSIBLE.

REGARDS

USMAN SHAIKH
MUMBAI, INDIA.

Carol_Roberts
01-23-2006, 05:46 PM
They may produce eggs and even babies in a community, but the other fish will eat them. I would set up a 25-30 gallon barebottom tank with a cycled sponge filter for your proposed pair. Give them a few weeks to settle in and see if they start to breed. Feeding meaty foods like worms and beefheart will help bring them into breeding condition.

thumbu
01-24-2006, 08:05 AM
thanks for your reply,

i have a new question that i think never asked from hobiest.

dose discus want inverted flower pot of a peticular colour?

i did the same what u told me in your reply. lets se what then will do.

thanks and regards
usman shaikh

They may produce eggs and even babies in a community, but the other fish will eat them. I would set up a 25-30 gallon barebottom tank with a cycled sponge filter for your proposed pair. Give them a few weeks to settle in and see if they start to breed. Feeding meaty foods like worms and beefheart will help bring them into breeding condition.

thumbu
01-24-2006, 08:07 AM
now more breeders..........

breeders plz tell me the solution....

pcsb23
01-24-2006, 08:38 AM
It does not need to be a particular colour or even a plant pot. Generrally though terracotta or earth coloured seems to work best.

Paul.

Rod
01-24-2006, 04:44 PM
Bare bottom tank (24" x 20" x 20"), air powered sponge filter, inverted clay flowerpot, clean soft water. Thats all i use.

hexed
01-24-2006, 04:51 PM
You got Great advice because that's all I do as well ;)
Frank

Alight
01-24-2006, 05:05 PM
Dick Au uses fire bricks (sort of yellow to red in color). Good idea. I've always used clay flower pots myself. The bricks have the advantage that they are heavier (the fish cannot possibly move them around) and you don't have a hollow space with water that can collect rotting food. They also have a smaller profile for their height. I'll have to give them a try at some point. They are also cheap, cheap.

White Worm
01-24-2006, 07:26 PM
I use red / orange bricks from homedepot store, got that from kenny. Works very well for him and my pair had no problem laying their eggs on the brick. .90 a piece I think. Kennys pairs were laying eggs like crazy so it works good.

thumbu
01-28-2006, 03:20 AM
thanks for suggetion. i have already transfered the pair in my 24x18x18 bare bottom tank, air powered sponge filter a inverted flowerpot a breeding plate and a firebrick. i think let let them decide the spwaning site.

i gave them 2 and a half week feeding only bloodwarms two time i think i am doing some thing wrong so please more suggesions please

Bare bottom tank (24" x 20" x 20"), air powered sponge filter, inverted clay flowerpot, clean soft water. Thats all i use.