PDA

View Full Version : NOT EATING

jasonp32779
01-24-2006, 09:46 AM
I have two fish that are not eating . Its been a week , ive raised my temp up to 90 and added salt . Fish show no sign of stress . These two fish are very lively , dont hide , are not skittish , nothing . They just do not show any interest in eating . Im doing a 40% WC every two days with aged water , ph is 6.8 no ammonia etc... Water parameters are fine these two fish are just not eating . I offer blood worm , color bits , brine shrimp and even my own beefheart mix that my others cant refuse . What is the next step in trying to get them to eat.

jim_shedden
01-24-2006, 11:59 AM
Hi Jason:
Are these new additions and how large are they?

Jim

jasonp32779
01-24-2006, 12:09 PM
Yes these are new fish , like i said i have had them for a week now. They are about 3" . I know its bad but these little ones are in a 45 gallon qt tank for the next 3 weeks ( if i can get them to eat ). I have 6 full size in a show tank that I have had for over a year and never had a problem with. Im not doing anything different with these guys exept having only two together in such a large tank. I did not get these guys from a LFS .

KIWI13
01-24-2006, 12:25 PM
they might be a little stressed out, try putting in a divider to make the tank smaller.. give them a pot or something to hide behind and try and coax them to eat with blood worms.. Do a water change daily if possible to maintain an excelent quality of water and lets hope for the best.

There is no solid rule as to how long it takes the fish to start eating but my guess is they will start pretty damn soon...

Keep us posted..

Whats yoru hardness like ??

Mack
01-24-2006, 12:30 PM
Try and find out what they were eating before you got them...if they were being fed live worms (black or red) it will take awhile for them to settle for other food.