PDA

View Full Version : Pro-More

aziyaeian
02-01-2006, 02:02 AM
Is there anybody who knows something about Pro-More?

aziyaeian
02-13-2006, 03:54 PM
isnt there any idea at the board?

Carol_Roberts
02-13-2006, 05:37 PM
Never heard of it . . .

D4veh
02-15-2006, 10:47 AM
Insn't this the stuff that Andrew Soh of 'The Naked Truth' fame advocates in his book..........

I don't believe it is available in the UK..........Not sure where how you can get it.............

scans
02-15-2006, 12:26 PM
Yes it is from Andrew...

can be found here:

http://forum.simplydiscus.com//showthread.php?t=48171&highlight=Pro-More

billeagan
02-15-2006, 12:27 PM
It is a product of Andrew's... You can see this thread for a description of it. I believe its on page 4 of the posts

http://forum.simplydiscus.com//showthread.php?t=47114

Alan
02-15-2006, 03:21 PM
Insn't this the stuff that Andrew Soh of 'The Naked Truth' fame advocates in his book..........

I don't believe it is available in the UK..........Not sure where how you can get it.............

Pro-More is available in the UK c/o Tony Vaughan. Here's some info he sent me about Pro-More.

Pro-More
In a hatchery or fish farm where breeding is part and parcel a program in its operation, it is vital to ensure that the brooders get the best nutrition. Brooders are the one's that demand food with adequate nutrients not only for there personal well-being but also for the production of gametes. Most importantly, they need more of certain supplements to ensure minimal deformity in offspring, consistency and sucess of spawns and strong immunity against infection during nursing.
Throught our research on the productivity of different strains of fishes with different concoction of proteins and vitamins, this very special supplement known as Pro-More was born.

Pro-More will aid in producing more and primed milt resulting in effective fertilisation. Eggs will increase in quantity and also improve in quality. These two factors will lead to a higher production of fry. Even fairly old males to a certain extent are able to regenerate the reproductive organ to produce milt.

It is a product by Andrew Soh.

tpl*co
02-15-2006, 04:12 PM
Can it only be used in beef heart or has anybody used it in other things? Can I use it in CBW or frozen foods?

Tina

Doug A
02-15-2006, 05:17 PM
Tina,

Andrew said that you could soak FBW (and I would assume other frozen and possibly CBW) in it for 30 min. then feed.

Doug

tpl*co
02-15-2006, 06:20 PM
Do you dilute it in water before soaking? What concentration or amount would I use? Do you feed this as a daily thing or just a periodic conditioner? I'm going to order some but trying to figure out how much to get for the amount of adults I have vs. how often and how much is fed (plus I read that it has a shelf life of 1 1/2 years). Can you increase the shelf life by refrigeration or freezing?

Tina

Andrew Soh
02-15-2006, 07:23 PM
Hi Tina,

For pro-more, it is 10gm to 100 ml of water for soaking of 30 mins.

Shelf-life can be extended ....but not necessary because if you feel that you have a small stock..., buy the 30 gm one.

Thanks and take care,

Andrew:angel:

tpl*co
02-15-2006, 10:02 PM
Thanks Andrew :).

From my calculations 100 ml is less than 1/2 a cup (0.4 cup) How many (grams) worms would that soak? I assume after the powder is made into solution it has to be used right away?

Thanks
Tina

Andrew Soh
02-15-2006, 10:26 PM
Tina,

The quantity of worms is relative to the comsumption needs...and of course cannot exceed the water volume. So long as the bloodworms are below surface...it should be o.k.. After the 30 minutes and having fish-out the worms, the solution can be reused for the second 30 minutes dip.

With the ratio of 10 gm pro-more to 100ml water, you can use 5 gm to 50 ml water for lesser quantity of bloodworms...or 2.5gm to 25 ml of water...you know what I mean?

Tina, you can feed the brooders or adults daily...will not harm your discus...infact, it will strengthen their immune.

One setback...is that.....if you feed higher than this recommended level........your discus may want to spawn every 6 to 8 days...even with free-swimming fry around.

But then, to me, it is good if that is a high-value pair as I can foster the eggs so as to have more fry in a shorter period...maybe...4 to 5 spawns per month???...Ha!ha!ha! more profitable.

Thanks and take care,

tpl*co
02-16-2006, 12:29 AM
Thanks Andrew,

Now I'm assuming that if I have some juvies and I end up feeding them some pro-more too, it won't hurt them right? (the pro-grow just has different amounts of the same stuff right). It's just that in one tank I have mixed ages.

Tina

Andrew Soh
02-16-2006, 10:04 AM
No problem Tina,

Maybe just add pro-growth supplement for general. Unless to want to force or brred discus with pro-more.

Take care,

aziyaeian
02-17-2006, 06:01 AM
can I feed Pro-More to my angel fish?

Andrew Soh
02-17-2006, 07:31 PM
No problem...can feed to any kind of fishes including Arowanas and Kois....and it works well for live bearers too!

Take care,

Doug A
02-24-2006, 08:22 PM
Andrew,

I have a young pair they are about 1 year old. The male is fertile as I have approx. 15 wigglers/free-swimmers right now. When they have spawned only 15-30 eggs out of 200 or so are fertilized. I'm sure this is just because he is still young.

Will pro-more help the male to be more fertile?
How long does it take for pro-more to take effect on the fish?

One final question. I have a small CBW culture going. Can I add pro-more to the water in the culture instead of just soaking them for 30 min.?

Thanks,
Doug

Andrew Soh
02-24-2006, 10:20 PM
Sure Doug,

Pro-more sure to help in producing more primed milt...thus fertilisation is higher.

Even 8 to 9 months old discus, if fed with pro-more for a month, will start to spawn...a proven fact and success rate in most cases is 70% to 90% for these young couples.

For adult parent, success rate can goes up to 98%.

Having 15 wigglers out of 200 may not necessarily means that the male is less fertile. It may be fungus. Ensure you put sufficient MB or anti-fungus after the eggs are laid. Only if this is done and success rate is still low do we consider and doubt the quality of his milt.

Better soak than to add to culture.

Thanks and take care,

kaceyo
02-25-2006, 01:21 AM
Hi Andrew,
What is in the Pro-More that it will have such a positive effect on breeding discus? Is it just a matter of nutricional conditioning with vitamins and minerals etc? Or does it trigger a biological reaction or change of some kind?
Thanks,

Kacey

Andrew Soh
02-25-2006, 02:10 AM
Hi Kacey,

It is of course the nutritional value that helps in the efficiency.

It is a combination of Vitamins, trace elements and Proteins in different proportion that yield results you want.

For example, you can find B1, B2, and B6 in many animal meal...but yet it does not necessarily mean that you will always feel hungry and a strong urge to eat. Reasons for this may be due to sickness, infection or even fatique or other unbalanced nutrition in the diet..or etc...

But to boost the appetite, increasing the dosage of B-complex (B1,B2,B6) will stimulate and increase appetite...thus the need to eat.

So, it is the same for pro-more. We adjust the proportion of different ingredients...some more while others lesser to trigger and create an effect.

Take care,