PDA

View Full Version : ph

stiver james
02-03-2006, 02:44 PM
Well I got my ph stable in all three of my breeding tanks. The only problem is that when I add my well water to my ro water to achive a 100ms of conductivity it brings the ph up to about 7.8 (According to my ph meter). My liquid test reveals a ph of about 7.3 or so. Which one do I believe? Is this to high (7.8) for spawning purposes. I finally am starting to see my bd fish acting like they are wanting to spawn. As with the other two pair I have. I have been able to keep this ph stable. But will it work with this high of a ph? Anyone with some help. Thanks Jim

BIGFOOT
02-03-2006, 05:49 PM
Have you calibrated the meter lately? If so i would beleive the meter or the ph test.

Carol_Roberts
02-03-2006, 06:07 PM
When I mix RO with tap my pH settles to about 7.6. My discus breed in it.

turkis
02-03-2006, 08:34 PM
Hi Jim,
Get some calibration solution and have your meter calibrated, when was the last time that it was calibrated and the litmus paper will you a ball park reading only and it is not accurate plus the pH colorimeter drops.
Mario

stiver james
02-04-2006, 05:23 PM
Where can you get some calibration solution for the ph meter. I guess I should have bought it when I bought the meter. They never said I needed untill after I got the meter. Anyway I thought 16.95 for a small bottle was a bit much. Anyone know where I can get some cheaper? Thanks for the infor. Jim

Alight
02-07-2006, 06:11 PM
http://www.eurekaonlinestore.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=16&idproduct=45

Check above. $15 for one pint.

johara
02-07-2006, 06:38 PM
I rely on a pH meter for my reef tank. They do need to be calibrated, about once a month seems good. The packets are far superior to the bottles of solution and sell for about .99 each many places. I recently checked brand new Coralife brand ph calibration solution and it was way off even immediately after opening the bottle. The little one use packets are the way to go imo.

Johara